Monday, August 30, 2010

Fine Tuning Home Decor

After





This will be a series of before and after pictures 
of the rooms in my home that I recently fine tuned.

Before
Drapes were just pieces of fabric...


After
Drapes are custom made sheers with 
silk striped banding in pale yellow, blue and green,
 then bishop sleeved with french wired ribbon.


After
Fresh plants fill planters

After
A new linen toile pillow cover in romantic pale blue



Detail
Hydrangeas in an old soup tureen

Before
a little too colorful perhaps?

After
The bright rug was too much
 for my idea of how I wanted the 
room to look in the photo shoot

Before
I toned down the colorful accessories.
The green chair was removed for traffic flow.

After
Black needlepoint carpet from my office came here
and a new linen shaded lamp



Before
Two chairs...too many

After
One chair and one frenchy side table

After

Detail
Fresh roses and a victorian bell pull

Before
What to say...a cluttered mess
Yellow walls and a green valance.

After
I can breathe now after a quick paint job in  pale blue. 
Countertops I can see and a new light fixture from the dump!
Before
Old light and junk on top of the fridge

After
New custom sheer linen valance on white iron rod.




The valance has a little fleur`de`lis pattern.
A pretty vintage swagged light!
Mmmmm..I am lovin' this space now.



 Thats what happens when you find out a 
camera crew is coming to film your house in 72 hours!

You TWEAK
You PAINT
You REARRANGE STUFF
You HANG LIGHT FIXTURES
You DECLUTTER

You fine tune it so it sings the right song. 
I just can't rest when I know it can be better.
Now I am going to relax and enjoy.



19 comments:

  1. I seriously love your style and your house! What inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job, Amy! I love all your floral patterns, that's just my style. Love the new light fixture in the kitchen, too. Nicely done. You deserve to relax now! ;-D

    xoxo
    Jane

    P.S. Have you stopped by for my giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Can you please tell me what colors you used for those rooms? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new looks. You have a great eye for what works. Enjoy the photo shoot!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The living room and dining room are painted a Ben Moore color called Harp Strings, but made from a Lowes paint: Valspar Premium paint. One coat coverage~I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always great Amy, you always make it beautifuller(not a word, I know, but it suits!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is definitely ready for the photo shoot. It looks fabulous! I love the changes you made in the livingroom. The rug looks great.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job of fine tuning your home. Love all of the changes and the addition of the details. I think the most dramatic improvement was switching the rug in the living room. Time to relax and enjoy.

    ~jermaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I loved the before pics...but the afters
    are simply amazing. It is incredible what moving a few things around will do! Lovely
    room! Thank you for the post, you have given
    me some ideas for my living room!

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your house and your style! I find myself "fine tuning" my rooms often....just didn't have a word to describe it.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, it looks just gorgeous, you inspire me to better decorate my home everyday! I like that rug much better in the living room and I absolutely LOVE the new drapes in the dining room! I'd like to try something like that in mine! I've been itching to get to the fabric store! Thanks for being such a wonderful inspiration! Oh and I love the way your blog looks, love the background and the new photos, my offer still stands if you want to try a new header!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dear Amy...your fine tuning turned out so perfect so yes, you can relax ;) But if you're anything like me, it never stops. I really adore the look of your dining room...it's so cheerful and it sorta reminds me of a garden room.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your before and afters (oh, how I wish had an after to share)! Your fine tuning was just right. I especially love the chair and frenchy table in place of the two chairs. It all looks wonderful...everything you do does.

    Anyhow, I wanted to thank you for the link to the chippy window divider. It did inspire me to place the window in a different spot than I had originally envisioned, so thanks! Her space is simply gorgeous.

    I'm going to have to scroll down and see what this camera crew business is all about (if you blogged about it.) Go Amy.

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job Amy! Love to see before and after pics...although this home is not of my personal style, really like the changes you made. This goes to prove that some small changes can really make a room feel so different. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home looks fabulous and ready for the photos ! I have to agree , the before one's are great , the after are even better ! Stopped over to also tell you that I did a post on the Zutter and Grunge board , everyone asked about it !
    Have a great time with the photo shoot !
    Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you're on a roll. Great eye for design. Good instincts with the new rug and softened palette. Everything is romantic...yummy. Thank you for sharing your lovely designs. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. I love all the new changes! Beautiful and so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just found your blog this afternoon...and so glad I did! It's so lovely. I adore those bright cheerful rooms and your drawings are so pretty! Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there!!

    I just stumbled upon your blog and I must say, your home is absolutely refreshing! It seems so bright and welcoming. I hope to one day have the same type of feel in my new home. We're renovating and it's a LOT of work. I'll be following you!

    manymomentsofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...