Wednesday, November 3, 2010

An Inspired French Dining Room


You know how this happens in blogland~ 
I started chatting with Loretta from Full Bloom Cottage.
Turns out she did two pieces for Lauren Ross in
Lauren Ross, 
whose home is my favorite in the book,
 makes beautiful linen slipcovers for most of her furniture.
Lauren's dining room is above.
I just love Lauren's style.
Lauren's den with her famous pink chest.
Quite possibly one of my top ten rooms, also LR.
At any rate, Loretta has gorgeous style too and I discovered
her lovely dining room on her blog.
Look at her "before" below 
(it looks like an after, doesn't it?)
Before, with aqua walls and slipcovered dark chairs.
After: Creamy walls,
 slipcovered french cane back chairs
 and linen drapery panels.
This was before she changed the chairs 
and added a side table under the mirror,
 but you can peek into the room a bit better.
A greige wall in a chic french bedroom~wow Loretta!
A vignette from Loretta's shop
And another...
So while I finish painting my dining room greige, 
go check out Loretta's blog and shop for some french inspiration!

8 comments:

  1. That dining room does look like a before shot. I love all these whites. With my crew, they'd be lavished with big brown spots in no time ;-(
    Maybe someday...

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! That is a gorgeous dining room!! I would love it! Thanks for sharing this ~ I am going to head over and check out her blog for sure!
    Thanks for the comment on the silver vignette- the piece in the background is a louis armoire-I'll have to get a post together about it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspirations pics....love that bedroom!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why Loretta is in the book! Her living room and dining room are absolutely stunning! Thanks for the link!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful rooms! The dining room (both before and after) is to die for... makes me want to change the entire palette of my home, but then my husband would kill me. :) I am going to check out Loretta's blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...