Wednesday, March 2, 2011

French Impressions


 A darling child sized french chair in a sky blue check
Added to a living room setting with a sumptuous overstuffed settee
Through the marble archway a peek of a pink chair 
leads to her special makeup table
 Brown silk skirted table is tucked into a marble alcove
 This elegant bath has beautiful wallpaper in a french classical pattern in metallic on taupe 
 How about finishing your laundry in here with a pressing machine and pretty baskets for sorting?
A chandelier hangs from a pink wallpapered ceiling 
and the baskets are lined in pink fabric with a lace overlay.
4 pampered granddaughters get tucked into their canopy beds at night,
 with each duvet monogram claiming the sleeper.
A beautiful lace curtain stands out against grey woodwork
The lady of the house works in this home office with 
silver desks, lavender walls, frisse rug, 
and a show stopping roman shade.
A zinc garden table and chairs is perfect for a quick lunch, right in the office!
The roman shade with chandelier motif is 
edged in Swarvoski crystals in a whimsical play on the subject.
Limestone and parquet floors and  fabulous silk draperies.
Check out the ruffled detail of this drapery panel~so inspiring!
I want to copy this someday...somewhere....
How about this kitchen backsplash?
I believe it is stone, but all of you DIY 
chalkboard paint lovers could take this idea into your own kitchens.
My latest aquisition from Amazon.com is this book:
French Impressions by Betty Lou Phillips.
 Page after page of inspiring ideas can be found. 
I have several of her books, all written with the same topic.
She is a Texan that is obsessed with French design, and I am glad she is.
If you love all things french, consider adding this to your book collection.



15 comments:

  1. What fantastic spaces! I love that taupe vanity and pick chair. The taupe wallpaper in the bath is to die for. I know wallpaper is out right now but I just love the various looks it achieves. I also really like the tailored roman shade complete with embroidery. What a delicious book. I may have to own one of those too!

    Janie
    Romantic Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, that's child's size chair has me swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Amy...a book I've not heard of before and am now dying to go buy!! It all looks sooooo amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What divine decor! And she's a Texan! Great things come from TX! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing!!! I usually can find a favorite....but....they are all favorites!!! From the floors to window treatments, marble....oh, it's all beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos Amy! Love that pink chair!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that taupe bathroom. That looks like a fabulous book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta pick up that book by Betty Lou--my Texas gal! The checked chair with the striped back is so fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is an awesome room for the Granddaughters! I want to have a room just for Grand kids someday too...but I'm not in a hurry to be a Grandma...need to marry some of my kiddos off first...no hurries there either. ;-)

    I love this post...every pic is gorgeous!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a lovely book!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may need to buy that book this weekend. Lovely photos and I'd like to see more. I adore that lace curtain and that beautiful chandelier and the pink wallpapered ceiling. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a really beautiful book. I may have to check that one out.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of those images are just gorgeous! I too love the detail at the top of the drapes, pretty, pretty, pretty!!! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amy - I love that book, I own it. I think I have most of Betty Lou Phillip's french and italian books. They're all great inspirations!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amy,
    Thank you for showing us this beautiful book. I love it all but especially those drapery panels with the lovely ruffles flowing so perfectly, ruffle upon ruffle.
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...