Sunday, October 9, 2011

Update Your Artwork

 Two inexpensive framed prints hung over the tv.  As I was sitting watching the Patriots play the Jets my mind wandered and the next thing I knew I was reconfiguring what was inside the frames.
 Our dog collection was such a family hit that I decided to take two pictures out of a big coffee table book we have about dogs and replace the cottage prints to go along with the developing theme in the room. You can do this with any old artwork you are tired of~complete sets of coordinated artwork awaits inside these big coffee table books.
This big book on dogs came from Costco. I looked through the book to select the breeds and the composition that I thought would work best.
 Trim the picture to size after removing it from the book.  I used the old print as a rough template.
 This dog photograph is going to look better than these sweet beach cottage prints.
 Take a razor and cut the brown paper covering over the back of the print.
Peel back the layers. The inside print is held in place by cardboard and staples....very easy to bend back and remove the print, and then replace with your selection.
Here is the first dog~the wonderful golden retriever! One of my favorite breeds of dogs.
I forgot to mention to hold the print in place with painters tape.
Seal the edge with the same tape and then hang the picture back up on the wall.  This project took 15 minutes.
I continued watching the game~but was able to take pics for the blog post at the same time.
There was a bit of glare so it was hard to get a nice shot...but it looks great.  It looks like I bought them that way.  Rethink your tired framed artwork and get a new look quickly and on  a budget.


Sunday football and decorating do go together!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Great way to get new artwork for your walls. Love the dog prints.
    I have to admit that I do the same thing while attempting to watch TV. I am forever decorating things that I see and can't help myself! LOL!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amy, they totally fit the room! Cool! I think you should name them!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea Amy...every once in a while I get a bug like that too...This one works out great for your tv room! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, your mind is never idle is it. Great idea and it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that! I think the dogs go nicely in that room too. Now, I should look at books differently when I go shopping. Some I'll use for how they look on the outside and others for how they look on the inside. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dog prints look great in your room! Amazing results from a simple update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you must be in constant motion! LOL! OR at least your mind is in motion! I've recently been VERY aware of how much I need to update the family pictures in frames around the house. I used to be so good about this. But more lax in the last couple of years. Hopefully soon!
    Your new dog prints work perfectly in this room. You am Kim at SSS are thinking alike these days. Did you see her dog prints?

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute! Now I want to know what are you going to do with your cottage prints? Did you draw those?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy...does your mind ever rest:) Always a project being whipped up over here!! You are your own show, seriously!! They look great, and do add a lot to the space. Great job once again:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree. It is amazing how just changing your artwork can change the look of your room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you found pictures of dogs looking down, they could be watching the game with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy, you are so creative! I love how you were watching football and instantly headed in another direction at the same time! That could have been me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those turned out great, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sign of a great mind.....never stops creating! I do it mostly in the middle of the night and can't wait to get going in the morning! That said, LOVE the prints, they add such warmth to the room!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was at that game yesterday!
    Cute dogs - a fun idea especially with your dog collection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a great DIY project--nice job! Im your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great, don't you just love multi-tasking!! Your walls are wonderful, is that paneling or wallpaper? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...