Saturday, June 30, 2012

Clock Faces~a collection started...vacation begins

 I am officially on vacation~I guess it started at 3 am...thats when I woke up and  finally got out of bed at 4:30.  The store will be closed until July 9th, and today we are headed for a little cottage by a New Hampshire lake....no TV or internet....just the loons and a dock and a ski boat.  Some old fashioned aluminum stap-backed lounge chairs, good wine, lots of magazines and some antique hunting on the horizon....woo hoo! Before I leave the house, I wanted to share some less than great pictures taken with my iPhone at 6 am this morning...its a group of antique metal clock faces I got at an auction this month.  These might be the start of a new collection for me~well I will say truthfully, it is a new collection because I found one at Rosemary's Villabarnes Etsy shop and that is coming to my house too! 
 I planned to put them in the shop, but there is just something about them that I couldn't part with.  They are pretty little faces...I propped them up on the mantle next to the green tole tray. I love metal stuff, trays and boxes and things made from wire. Not sure exactly, but it calls my name.  I pulled out an old cigarette box that is metal painted white with gold and put it in the mix. 
 Its been awhile since I have taken photos in the house, as I am never here with my camera anymore...and I forgot some of my camera software at the shop so I will be heading back to get it just in case I can blog while up on vacation...I want to be able to load the pics into the laptop.  Otherwise its iPhone all week long...so bear with me! 
 I am supposed to get some pics of the house and send them into a magazine too, but I just haven't had time to make it look neat and pretty...this morning I want to fit in an auction, then go to Costco and get food and supplies for our week away, as well as pull out the summer clothing and pack a bag or two or three....I also forgot I have to grab a can of Old White and clear wax for Bridget, who has a cute shabby chic shop in New Hampshire...so one more reason to go back to the shop for last minute things.  The other thing I am super excited about and will def be blogging about is a trip (or three) to a new Swedish antiques dealer's shop..its in a huge barn and I cannot wait to get there!!!!!  You know darn well I will be on the lookout for a real live Mora clock....rules are it has to be in a good color and shape, and it has to be priced right (meaning lower than any other mora I have ever seen)....so you can expect a post on the that topic for sure.  
Until then~no trips to 50 Summer Street, Malden for me or for any of you!  I will be re-opening on Monday July 9th~ cause its VACATION TIME!!
This is where we will be hanging out for the next week~Happy 4th of July week!

Photobucket

33 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful vacation! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good you're taking a break, Amy! A little rejuvenation will do you good and help you relax a little. It sounds like a lovely spot. We rented a lake cottage one year in Maine. It was a really nice family vacation, with quality time and a gorgeous view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got a busy morning ahead of you, Amy!
    I'm glad you will be getting away for a vacation. You have worked so hard, you deserve a break....even tho you will be thinking about the shop while you are away..haha.
    Have fun with your family!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time, Amy!! R&R sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like such a great way to spend some quality time. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swedish? Huge barn? Drooling! Wish I were going with you. Have a great time, Amy. Thanks for the mention. The clock face you purchased was one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy,
    Have a wonderful vacation.Can't wait to see all the goodies you bring back.
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful time on vacation! That last pic looks so inviting. I think it will be just what you need to unwind after all the hard work you've put into your new shop. Can't wait to see the pics when you get back too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy~~ Enjoy your much deserved vacation:)
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have fun taking it easy! Those magazines will give you plenty of new ideas. Not that I think you need any!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for vacation! Love your pictures, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your vacation! You've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great, relaxing time! You deserve it! re-charge those batteries!
    Blessings, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a great vacation! I'll look forward to seeing all the clocks. I know the dogs need some time away for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your house is so pretty. I enjoy seeing pictures on the i-phone or whatever! Have a great vacation. that scene looks so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a relaxing, rejuvinating time away from the store. (Is the mag wanting pics the one I'm thinking of??)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You SOOO deserve a little down time, Amy. It is good for the soul! Love that you MIGHT find a real Mora clock. I hope you do!

    Have a wonderful 4th of July- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, you're going to have a wonderful time! Relax and enjoy yourself. Oh, and bring back lots of goodies for us to drool over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Why not take a "full" vacation.....give the iphone a break too. We'll wait for your blogs even if it's a whole week ;-)

    Take your much deserved break away from all mechanical contrivances...except in an emergency :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What no steak tips? Have a good vaca.

    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  21. have a great vacation amy and bring bacl lots of goodies to show us. i know you will lol. have a happy 4th, enjoy your down time. you deserve it. and.....DONT worry about your shop, if you know what i mean. itll be there for you when you get back. have a wonderful relaxing time, susy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds wonderful enjoy your break with lots of relaxing and happy memories x

    ReplyDelete
  23. My late grandfather was a clock repair/restoration man after he retired. Your clock faces remind me of his clock shop - he had dozens. Sometimes he would get a plastic bag full of parts in the mail - someone had tried to "fix" their clock - a general in Virginia paid him to travel there from Michigan every year to check and service his clocks. And he carved gears to fit into the old wooden works clocks he restored. You have a great time on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the mantel...I saw that clock face on Rosemary's Etsy shop...great piece!!...Have a wonderful time on vacation...the lake looks wonderful...and here's hoping that you find the perfect Mora clock on your adventures of antiquing....May you have a very well deserved fantastic vacation...See you when you get back!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. enjoy your time north of the border in the granite state. dock looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It seems sweet seeing your house in the early morning hours, looking so pretty, and thinking of you getting ready for your vacation. AND, it's hard for me to imagine you without all your tech stuff, and connections... and actually taking a well deserved break. You've done ALOT, like really and truly alot in the last few months... so i hope you can allow yourself to have some time to relax and enjoy yourself. What better place to do that, than by the water...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have a fun vacation..you've been working very hard

    ReplyDelete
  28. O wow Amy I feel like I have just been on a vacation when I visit you :) Have a great vacation dear, but for some reason I think you will not totally rest, I bet you will be creating something chic on the side to share with us when you get back :)

    Have a great vay-kay!

    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope you had a good time and got lots of rest and great goodies to share! can't wait for the pictures.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...