Thursday, June 28, 2012

New things and Sold Things~a shopkeeper's life

 All of  a sudden things are selling, besides the paint~
I was sad and happy all at the same time when 
someone bought the french settee yesterday~you can also 
see a Louis Blue mora clock I am working
on for a custom order in the background...
Colin and I delivered it right down the street to someone's new apartment~
 They also bought this diminutive buffet to use as a television stand~
and another french table as well...and some toss pillows to go on the settee.
 Another guy came in the store yesterday and 
was wanting Asian inspired items...huh?
This is obviously French-ville!! But I was able to
 transform this black and gold mirror into
an Asian looking piece with a coating of Emperor's Silk, 
some rub off distressing and some clear and dark wax...
done in 30 minutes, and one happy customer!
 See the detail? It has that red lacquer look that has aged a bit over time...
You can see how it looked in its black with gold~very English traditional.
This petite french table sold today! So I am saying goodbye to
 many things~and getting ready for new ones!
Here was how my first Florence project came out~
 This is an old Tabloid table~I dreamt of a finish that felt Moroccan.
 Looking to get that verdi-gris look with tarnished and turned copper.

 Kind of like the copper clad bay windows above my shop~
 The table as it came to me~painted in a
 reddish brown paint to look like mahogany.
 I spray painted it in bright gold Rustoleum paint for the base coat~
 I used mostly Florence Chalk Paint™, 
but also a bit of Antibes~and then distressed it
back to reveal gold and the red painted wood structure beneath.
 Finished with clear and dark waxes.
Its getting lots of compliments in the store~
a fun and funky piece! Priced at $79~
 This set of original Hitchcock chairs from around the 1950s
 came in as well~each back splat has a different stenciled pattern. 
 The sturdy chairs are all with intact rush seats and
 wonderful country chairs~signed by the Hitchcock company.
 Each chair is $80~check online and you will see this is quite the deal!
The signature is found on the back of the seat~
I'll be closing up shop starting Saturday June 30 through 
Sunday July 8th and plan to be open for catch up business 
on Monday the 9th.  One more thing to share with you all~
I was stunned to see what a gorgeous piece Betsy Speert 
painted on her debut using Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan. 
It might be the nicest piece I have seen~so don't miss it!
 Click on the pic to link to the post.
I'll forgive her for misspelling Annie's last name...


Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Great job on the mirror with an asian feel. I LOVE that little turquoise table! Love the way you did the finish on it. I'll have to go over to Betsy's to see her table in all the details. Have fun on your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    Yay so glad things are moving.And you know what that means.....MORE SHOPPING :-)
    Love all the pieces you are painting.
    ((((Hugs)))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that latest project--it does look like the windows above your shop! I am also so impressed with your customer service--making something have an Asian look--good for you! I am just in love with that couch now that it is pink. Love everything about it. I am glad you are having some time off. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of eye candy here, Amy. I know it's bittersweet to see your merch go. However, isn't it great to keep things moving. Love that funky little table with the gold base. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little table you did in Florence. Doing the gold underneath was a great idea. So glad business is picking up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the Florence table! And I checked out your Mora clocks- Im going to have to send hubby that link!! (Christmas is only 6 months away, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Betsy's piece earlier! Well Amy, I think for one thing that you just have the magic touch and obviously good karma. And I think maybe Betsy coming in got the ball somehow rolling. Maybe she has good karma trailing her too!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to see that business is picking up. Word is probably getting out more and more about you now. Just think of how much fun it will be to find new things for the shop now too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So inspiring! The way the table goes with the windows above your shop makes it even more enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy things are picking up at the shop! That is great news. I LOVE the piece you did with the Florence color. I love it. I love the gold spray paint underneath. I wouldn't have thought to do that. Great piece. It looks very moroccan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy for you that things are going well. Good for you and hopefully you will get busier and busier.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny how you get attached to things in your store and then someone buys them. I felt the same way many times when something would sell...and still do even though it's all online.
    That table looks so much like the windows above your shop...adorable...love the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been one super busy gal! Did I tell you how much I love your settee painted pink? and Betsy's table is great! Have you come by to enter the Give Away, yet? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That made me laugh out loud... Betsy is such a trip, and she did a crazy good job on that table.
    I can't believe how you transformed that ordinary brown piece to such an amazing moroccan style work of art. That was some fancy footwork girl... wow! Sounds like your shop is really getting some notice, as it should!!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would never have thought to give that mirror an Asian twist! I am sure you had one very happy customer! And I can imagine it is both happy and sad seeing pieces sell! That's a good thing though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It all looks so great Amy
    you are so talented you make it all look so easy
    xo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Annie Sloan has done amazing things for us lately. Its exciting when things get sold makes more room for new projects. Your shop is looking wonderful! great job on the mirror too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amy, I am so glad that things are going well. The guy who wanted Asian inspired will definitely be coming back as you certainly went above and beyond to accommodate his needs and he was the recipient of such a beautiful "custom" mirror" i am sure he was simply amazed at what you did for him!...Turned out incredible!...Betsy's table looks wonderful..will have to pop over there! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your things are just fab!!! congratulations on selling so much!!!Wish I could see it all in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy to hear your sales are going well, Amy!
    Have a great break from working so hard.
    See you when you return!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amy, I love what you did with that little table - gold paint, then Florence. Genius! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thrilled for you that your sales are going well but......I will so miss the little french table by the pink sofa. I'm so jealous it has a new owner.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...