Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My living room



 My Living Room
I just finished a couple of quick projects....
It all started when I decided to carry this line of beautiful latex furniture
moldings or appliques.  They are imported from New Zealand and the line is
called Efex.  Anyway, Maison Decor is selling these now, and I have fallen
hard for how easily you can create a look by attaching appliques.
You can see an oval mirror I used after I finished the mantle.  I realized
I could make one to fit perfectly by adding some appliques.
This is the before shot of the mantle with its clean classic lines
painted in Paris Grey Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan.
Bam! 
Pretty big difference right?
Look how I did it....
I got to work laying out Efex moldings onto an old HomeGoods mirror
I had hanging in a different part of the house.
It turned out really pretty!
 Not only did I do the mirror and the mantle with Efex moldings,
I went upstairs to my storage trunk and pulled out the blue chintz
floral fabric covered backing boards I used a few years ago to line
the bookcases. 
 Its a pale blue ground with lots of my favorite colors.
 Its a vintage chintz by Mario Buatta.
I found it in an antique shop in New Hampshire
and they were made up as pinch pleat draperies!
I ripped them all apart and taped them around foam boards
with some duct tape on the back after measuring each shelf.
Fast forward two years or so...this fabric 
is great with my antique painted coffee table!
 I guess its really a tea table or an occasional table or maybe a writing desk 
as it sits higher than a coffee table does.  You all know we have 
dogs in the house and to keep our white slipcovers from having 
to be laundered too often I have a simple white quilt laid across the 
seat cushions, so we can wash that in a pinch.  
 The floral hooked rug that used to be here 
is now rolled up and in the attic in favor of a sisal rug.
I love how it looks.  Maybe it balances out all of the florals in the room.
Its less frou frou, even though the room is still very feminine.
 So happy with the quickie makeover!
 Its fresh and pretty and it feels like spring.
I will be sharing more home projects with you soon
and one special Efex project coming up in a couple of weeks
that I am super excited about!!
I really enjoyed my day off from work and pulling it
all together today.  I hope you enjoyed this post from my home
as I often am told people miss my home! That is so sweet to think
that readers were enjoying the things I was doing and wanted to see more
Tomorrow I will be back in the shop however....
We got in a huge order today and will be 
adding new appliques online this week!
Maison Decor is located at 
150 Main Street Reading Mass 
or online at www.shopmaisondecor.com
For more information on Efex click here.

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Wow ... those are the prettiest appliqués! They totally transform your mirror! And, I love the fabric lining your bookcases ... you're ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, very nice!! Your living room is very inspiring
    a beautiful maison
    fb/abeautifulmaison

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so fun to see something from your own home again, Ames! I love it- and I love those appliques. They add so much to a piece. I like the "old World" look it adds. Great fun post- Now- get back to REAL work will ya? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the appliques, they are wonderful and they really do change things. Such a pretty living room. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me Tues. party. - -- -
    http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/03/210th-inspire-me-tuesday.html
    Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the mirror and your mantel look great, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love what you did with the fireplace and the mirror. Those add so much character! The quilt on the couch is such a good idea. We clean off our dogs feet before they come in but when it is raining and there is 3 of them once in awhile they make it to the couch before they are clean. I hate that. Enjoyed your post! :) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just perfect! Congratulations!!!!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, that's just like the rug in my dining room!
    I wonder who you got the tea table from......must have been someone with a FABULOUS EYE who grabbed it at an auction.....,maybe her name was.....BETSY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the painting of the pots that was on your mantle. Is that an original piece?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your lovely living room. I'm besotted by the wall color. Would you sharing it with me? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, that embellished mirror made such a huge difference in brightening the room even more, Amy! And the pretty swags on your fireplace too it from every day to fabulous! I just ADORE the fabric boards you put in the bookcases. What a wonderful idea!! The soft pastels you've pulled into the room just make it sing! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how your living rooms looks now. I've been wanting a seagrass rug for my living room. I like the fabric back in the shelves too. And I never liked your fireplace painted gray but didn't say anything cause you'd already done it. If you'd asked I would have said leave it white. It's much more classic and fits your home. So fun to see your house again. Be sure and check out my blog today...I showed furniture from the store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. That made your room look so much grander. I like mirrors in rooms and I like how you decorated that mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that tea table - so pretty! Such a lovely room, I love to see your home.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...