Thursday, August 16, 2018

Pretty Floral Aubusson Rugs


Aubusson rugs in needlepoint have always been a favorite of mine.
They originated from the town, Aubusson, in central France on the Creuse River.
It is known for making its beautiful carpets since the 15th century. 
 Aubusson rugs are considered the most elegant and luxurious carpets, and one can find them at
auction for reasonable prices these days.  They cover the floors in the grand homes and palaces around the world.  I love mixing the fine elevated look of the rug with some rustic pieces for some Maison Decor style. 
 Green and blue-gray with some pretty floral swags and bouquets make this undeniably romantic and French rug right at home in my living room.  I recently purchased a room size Aubusson that is so big I am hoping it will fit in my dining room.  I worried if the dogs might ruin it with their rough housing and fur shedding, but instead they LOVE the softness of the wool, and it has become a favorite spot to relax.  Its also easy to vacuum, so I am pleasantly surprised at how well it is working in our active household.
Piper poses here with a brand new book I just got from my blogger friend, Courtney Allison.
"French Country Cottage" tells about the journey of her fixer upper cottage in California that went from being an abandoned dump to one of  blogging world's most celebrated and recognizable cottage!  Her style speaks my language and I can't wait to share this book with you
on my next blog post this weekend!
And look...
Courtney has an Aubusson rug right there on 
the cover under her gilded settee! 
She also subscribes to mixing the fine romantic luxurious pieces with
the rustic elements, which speak to my heart.
More on Courntey's French Country Cottage style on my next post!

 photo signature_zpsxi5q1w6r.png

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see her book up close and personal. Lovely post, Amy!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful my dear friend..About 7 or 8 yrs ago I found Courtney blog and she was using her cell phone for pictures..I gave her a shout out on my blog at the time..I did meet up with her about 7 yrs ago at a flea market..She was so young and very happy..and I knew in blogland she would go far..Hugs and love Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Aubusson rugs! I not only have them on my floors but on tables and walls. They are so elegant like you said but can decorate with a mix of style. Love your rug! I have not been seeing them at sales in about 2yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rug Amy...and yes, I have seen them at very reasonable prices...can't understand why, but not complaining as they are so elegant and timeless....they have a quiet elegance about them that lets us mix styles and look amazing. On my wish list for the new house....on the very loooog wish list! Have a great day Amy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...