Monday, October 4, 2010

Chandeliers~ Maison Decor Style

All things shabby and sweet,
 this teeny cottage has a crowning touch~ a chandelier.
I read about this cottage that belongs to
 Sandra Foster in the New York Times.
I know this is a blogland favorite~its amazing.
Crystals drip from this white iron chandy,
 while another chandelier graces a sleepy hideaway.
Maison Decor would put a chandy
 in a chicken coop if she had one.
My new favorite
This picture was taken with my iPhone at 
a boutique on Martha's Vineyard.
There is a tree outside the window in the background, 
so look closely and you can see there are
 three separate "lotus blossoms"
 of light and crystals that hang 
from an iron scrolled fixture. 
All the chain and wiring is also painted white
 and it is simply shabby chic.
The shop owner told me she thought
 it came out of an original cottage.
I ADORE this light fixture, 
but alas at $1800 it was too expensive.
However it inspires me to paint the chain and wiring 
on this vintage number I just hung in my kitchen.
This pearl and heavily beaded chandy is from Zimmans.
My home office chandelier has some crystals 
that I swapped out with pink ones from ebay.
This is a  fairly pedestrian crystal chandelier
 I bought at an auction over 20 years ago.



A pink pearl and iron chandelier, also from Zimmans,
 with wax drips on the candle holders.
I love the masculine edge of black iron
 paired with the girly pink pearls.
Frenchy style chandy with beads and crystals. (Zimmans)
Pink ribbon and pearls...(Zimmans)
Chandelier with shades! (Zimmans)
A whimsical birdcage chandy 
with colored flowers made from beads. (Zimmans)
A painted wood and iron chandy 
strikes a country note. (Zimmans)
Graceful silvered iron chandelier from Midnight Farm
Something a little bit New Orleans style
 about this teardrop chandy,
 this treasure is also from Midnight Farm.
I love sparkly chandeliers!
Don't you?

links to:

Midnight Farm is located on Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts,
 right near the ferry station in Vineyard Haven.
Zimmans is located in Lynn, Massachusetts
 in an old industrial building.
My Home Office is about my  frenchy office
Sandra Fosters cottage is a NY times article

23 comments:

  1. The cottage is absolutely Gorgeous!! I love the $1800 chandelier....and the new orleans style one is sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Amy. Thank you so much for linking it to my Sparkle party. The "Lotus" chandie just inspired me to attempt another wirelier with my handmade paper peonies and crystal dripping from that. Thank you for the always inspiration. You cracked me up the chandie in a chicken coop comment.

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love pics of stuff you find Amy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a collection, Amy! You inspire me!

    Sue @ Beach Bungalow
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cottage is so unbelievably awesome!!!!!! I'd love to make my shed look like that! Okay, I'm inspired to work on the chandy you got for me at the swap shop, I'm not sure whether to spray it white or maybe that aqua that you painted your bike! What do you think? Loved seeing you last Friday, but it wasn't NEARLY enough time! What's the word on HGTV????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy, Love that cottage- I have seen it before but it is always gorgeous and inspiring! At the flea market I was at this weekend I found an adorable charming 'crown' ceiling light- dripping with prisms and so sweet- price $2700. AT A FLEA MARKET!!! Come on! Sometimes prices are insane! I think your lights will look amazing painted white! Can't wait to see them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy I just adore unique lighting and am amazed by the lotus piece!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little cottage and all the chandeliers!

    Thank you for your lovely comment- The color of the paint is Ford Abby(Manor Hall,I think). It is actually a grey blue in our porch but my daughter used it in her home and it is a grey green in her room-same can! I love how it looks-but a couple of years ago I would have thought grey was too depressing also. The good thing is it is a small room so it is easy to change if I get tired of it. I do love the shutters though with the lace curtains on the window. There are two windows and a garden door so the room gets lots of light.
    I actually live just north of you on the east coast of Canada-Prince Edward Island so we do get those nice long winters too.
    I love your style!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chandeliers are just the best thing since baked bread. Well...almost. They add that perfect touch of elegance to any room. Great post! Oh and the cottage you speak of is straight out of a fairy tale. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drooling! I have 4 vintage chandeliers in my house and would put up more if my male dominated house would allow it! Lovely, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy,
    Sandy's cottage has inspiration galore for certain and she's a kind soul which makes it even that much better. I too, love chandeliers... who doesn't, you're right! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy - loved this post and all the different varieties of chandeliers. I'll have to take a pic of a chandelier we spotted today when we were doing a delivery for a hotel client. Sublime...and I think you'd like it. BTW, love all the anaglypta on the walls and ceiling of Zimmans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy, moly... what a seriously great post. My head is swirling to the degree that I could hardly pick a favorite. However, the three pronged lotus blossum fixture and the pearl and iron chandelier look really special. Can't wait to see what your kitchen island's draped fixture (chain and wiring) looks like painted... if you decide to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by today and really the pleasure is all mine. What's not to like about chandeliers? They are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi!! thanks for the kind words on the skirted roundtable - much appreciated!!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE all these chandeliers you've shown us! My biggest dilemma in using chandeliers in my house is we all love sleeping under ceiling fans! Otherwise, I'd put one in every bedroom! (Well, almost every one!) Your post makes me want to go shopping for drippy crystal chandys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always like to do white linen furniture, seagrass with patterned curtains - its a great look. i still love toile and always will - esp in curtains. but lately i am liking patterned fabrics - like flowers and birds, etc. I wrote about my favorite printed fabric here: http://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/2010/08/fabric-searching-on-cheap.html
    hope this helps!!
    JOni

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore chandeliers, especially when they are used in unexpected places...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Amy - I'm a big fan of sparkly chandeliers too! Love the teardrop shape you featured last. So Parisian! Happy Wednesday!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love chandeliers and that hot pink one with the pearls is so cute. I would love to have that one hanging in a powder room with mostly white except for that chandelier. What a statement that would make! xo, C-

    ReplyDelete
  21. There can never be too many chandeliers. Gosh they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...