Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tagged by French Country Cottage


I got tagged by Courtney of the French Country Cottage.
 Is that like playing tag?
 I think so...she and I love to read each other's blog
 and check out the latest projects.
Courtney asked me to answer these ?s.

*What is your biggest dream?


 As a decorator, my dream would be to work
 in the world of home decorating/shelter magazines



Wouldn't this be a great magazine?

My other dream would be to have a cute shop
 that would sell home furnishings
 and decor that appeal to me!
 So anything frenchy, vintage or shabby would
 be in this shop.
 I would also have a section of window treatments
 that are being recycled from people
 who have redecorated and
 changed out their old drapes.

As a mom my biggest dream is to have 
all of my children live happy and fulfilling lives. 
Sounds cliche, but in this crazy world
 it is a big goal to accomplish.
 I see them all trying to make their way
 and you have to hope they can do it..
so it is a big dream of mine for that to come true. 
Dreams are good!

*Where do you live?
I live outside of Boston in an urban setting.
 This is a city who has seen a downhill slide
 and has its share of issues.
 We will move someday to a location 
that suits us better,
 but for right now because of hubs job,
 we are staying put. 
So my focus is on making our outdoor
 and interior spaces  welcoming ones. 

*What were you like in High School?
I hung around with the older kids in upper grades,
 and couldn't wait to graduate myself.
 Our friends all were welcome at 
my parents home
I loved Art and English classes
 and was on the swim team.

*Favorite place to visit?
I love traveling through Europe,
 with Greece being my favorite place.

*What or who inspires your decorating style?
Anything done by Elizabeth (Betsy) Speert from Watertown Mass. 
Her style is so recognizable to me,
 I can always pick her home decor projects
 out of a magazine.
 I also am inspired by Suzanne Kasler
 and am looking forward to a book
 by designer Carolyn Westbrook.
kitchen design by Betsy Speert
Photo by Michael Partenio 
*What do you love about yourself and what would you like to change?
My favorite thing about myself is my confidence 
and trust that I have in my own decisions.
 I would like to be less impatient.

*What is your all time favorite movie?
Out of Africa. 
This movie had it all:
 a great love story, beautiful scenery,
 a gorgeous house filled with beautiful things.



I love Country French and Courtney has done some 
beautiful decorating makeovers in her house. 
Her kitchen and
 her outdoor pergola all inspire me. 

I love her bathroom most of all. 
Click on the bathroom picture to check it out!


8 comments:

  1. Amy, Thanks for sharing a little about yourself! I enjoyed reading this post! And thanks to Courtney as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy- I love your post and answers!! I am so glad we met through blogging- you always have the best ideas and most beautiful designs! I Love the magazine idea and if we lived closer- I would be right there running the shop with you! That is something I would love to do as well. Thanks so much for referencing my blog too~ you are so sweet! :)
    hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of your kitchen. Love, love, love the yellow cabinets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think you would make a great publisher/editor!! Go for it!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, you are a very interesting woman who has great style and taste. Thanks for sharing.

    Lori

    P.S. I'd buy your magazine and visit your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Courtney...I'm so glad we met through blogging and I'd love to run a shop with you. I've already said I wish we lived next door to each other.
    I loved this post. It's fun to learn more about you each time I read your blog. You are very talented, have great taste and I believe you when you say you're confident. I wish I could be less impatient too, with myself and my goals anyway. I'm usually patient with others.
    Got your email and will be responding. I've been sick off and on for a while and it's been really hard to keep up with everyday life, let alone blogging, etc.
    Have a great weekend,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the yellow kitchen! It's so bright and cheery. I've taken a bit of a break from blogging... I'll have a new one up tonight or tomorrow. I got a new camera today, FINALLY!!! I am so excited to use it and have some decent pics on my blog! Although the next post will have pics that I took with my phone, ugh! It's always great to hear what you have to say, I always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your ideas and inspiration. Wish you lived closer and could give me a few ideas for my master bath. I can tell you'd have some wonderful suggestions! Right now I have decorator's block! I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...