Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Romantic Hooked Rug

This is the rug I just got from my friend Bridget's
 shop in New Hampshire, Rustique. 
Isn't it gorgeous?
 I have been getting a lot of my treasures from Bridget. 
Many of you may know that she writes a blog, 
The Rehab Boutique~you can find it on my sidebar.
I am going to pair it up with my slipcovered sofa.
 This rug, has an oatmeal colored ground 
with ballet pink border,sprinkled with a 
 yellow pink, green and blue floral pattern.
 It has the vintage frenchy feel! 
I will give you a sneak peek at how it looks.
When I threw it in front of the couch, 
I might have let out a squeal of delight!

Here is a quick sketch I did of the room with the rug.

I am using a rush bench for my coffee table.
The soft faded colors of the rug were just what I was looking for.
A fitted slipcover will be made for the chair and ottoman
 I have hiding under all that slipcover fabric!
The iron and wood table will be getting 
a paint job as well~in off white.
A cozy white faux fur throw is a perfect touch of glam.
A sequin fleur~de~lis on an aqua pillow~so yummy.
I realized I have quite the mirror collection
 between the two houses, 
and now one of my favorites 
is over the mantle waiting to be hung. 
An old  crocheted mantle runner 
creates a romantic feel.
This reversible table skirt has a beige and cream check
 on the underside with brush fringe on the hemline 
giving it a heavy hand and beautiful drape. 
I made this about 15 years ago and am glad I saved it.
I am working my way towards being 
one of the Most Romantic Rooms Ever!
Yes, I fantasize about creating this magazine. 
This room looks like a cover shot to me!
Price is only $2.95~
 because I hate paying a lot for a magazine, don't you?
I'll keep you updated after the 
new drapes and slipcover and other tasks are completed!
And if and when I get my magazine deal....
linking to 
and 
and
and 

21 comments:

  1. Ooh, that rug is 2die4! I love how it looks in your room. I have that exact same bench and I'm using it as a coffee table also.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It is absolutely gorgeous, and SO is your room. The rug seems very neutral and it is SO DIFFERENT! It's hard to tell in the photos BUT the branching around the outside has a "Sort of coral look?" It looks as if you could incorporate a shell or two nearby? MAYBE? It is very unique, I LOVE IT!!!Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rug is gorgeous, Amy. I love your style. It really is perfect for that pretty room. I can't wait to see when it is all finished!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Amy- I LOVE your rug! It is vintage frenchy perfection!!! Love the soft colors and it looks gorgeous in front of your couch! Fantastic find! Can't wait to see the finished room- I know it will be amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! It looks awesome!!! I love the way the room looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfectly Shabby Chic - I love the soft colors, and it looks perfect in the room. Nice sketch!
    -SF
    P.S. I'm hosting a Marc Jacobs jewelry give away! I'd love for you to stop by!
    http://sfair.blogspot.com/2010/10/marc-jacobs-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sconces on either side of your fireplace! I'm on the hunt for some just like that!! Are they vintage?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks beautiful, and that rug is gorgeous! Theresa xoox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty room!
    *´¨)
    ¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
    (¸.*´ (¸.*´* LORI LYNN *

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy, Loving all of your whites! I love white slipcovered furniture, and that fur throw looks oh so cozy! Look forward to seeing all of the changes you're going to be making... they sound lovely!
    Happy WW!
    ~ Jo :)

    P.S. It's so easy to get the "all white" bug! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uhhh... that rug takes my breath away. Your room is gorgeous. How do you do it?! I love everything. I think the white faux fur throw and aqua fleur de lis pillow pic is particularly romantic. The whole room makes me smile. Well done, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it amazing the difference a rug makes! I had that experience with my living room, the first rug I put down I almost cried thinking I truly was a bad designer, then I bought the black and white one and it made all the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I adore your new rug! Your living room is just gorgeous! I love your couch, and all of the wonderful touches you have added:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amy, thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Here's the recipe for mango margaritas.....
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/mango-margarita-recipe/index.html

    Enjoy! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amy....Your decor is gorgeous...

    Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog...I look forward to getting to know you...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Amy, Just love seeing that rug all over again!! It so gorgeous and is perfect for your room! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday this week- So happy you joined in!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Amy,
    You'll get that magazine deal for certain. I know you're a positive thinker too and things "happen" that way for positive thinkers!

    The rug is lovely, as is your sketch of your romantic room. Watch that mirror, especially if you've got a beautiful little pooch sitting under it (just had to say!). Love it all, you've got a wonderful, romantic style all your own.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, there's sweet Fifi on your followers list. Isn't that grand?
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love shabby, your rug is gorgeous:))
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...