Monday, June 21, 2010

My Favorite Room

No one has ever asked me what my favorite room was. It didn't take me long to figure it out though...my dining room in my lake house is my favorite room of all!
Let me count the ways:

  1. I have my very favorite piece of furniture in this room. My green country hutch.
  2. My prized collections of purple transferware and amethyst glass are in this room.
  3. Purple is the main color in this room. I have loved purple since I was a little girl.
  4. With the exception of the green hutch, everything in this room is old and comes from consignment shops, thrift stores, swap shops, old relatives and friends, and remnant tables. I love how you can make a room yours with a little ingenuity.
  5. The once hated chandelier that hangs in the room is enchanting now that I have strung it with amethyst drapery trim and purple teardrop crystals.
  6. Amazingly enough, this is the one room I didn't repaint. It was purple when I bought this house!
  7. The chairs came from a yard sale and they are the epitome of country elegance.
  8. This room has a double set of french doors, and I am mad for french doors!
  9. This room is where my family gathers for family dinners and special parties and where many happy moments transpire.
These are the reasons my Lake House dining room is my favorite room!

This question was posed to me  
by Blayne Beacham at This Photographers Life
Thanks for making me take the time
 to appreciate my dining room Blayne!

10 comments:

  1. This was fun reading why you like the things in your dining room, though I already knew you love purple and have collected purple transferware. I love this room to! The colors are soft, relaxing and cheerful at the same time.

    Thank you so much for your email to! That was sooooo sweet and so nice of you. I was truly flattered and felt honored when you mentioned your inspiration for your window project, which I've thought of all weekend, btw!
    When you all get the RV, I mean it...do come see us! What fun! Shawn (my hubby) wants to get one someday to.

    Have a great week!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I also just put your new pink swing button on my blog. I had to change it a tiny bit because there were some extra html that showing up. I deleted it and added the code to center it at the beginning and end. I tried to paste the code here but blogger wouldn't let me. If you need it I can email it to you. I tested it and it works.


    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Your dining room is charming! Your blog is lovely and I will add it to my favorites list.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! I am one of the many people who told you a while back how much I love that kitchen photo (I used it in my blog a time or two, last year) - well, I used it today as my "me" photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you send me the hutch? I love the green

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a pretty hutch!.. green my fave colour too.. and I love your dining room.. look all so comfy but above all, i love your pink home.. my fave colour! thanks for visiting me and left such sweet note. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the room! it's so warm and inviting. The purple is so fun! I can't believe you didn't even have to paint. I also love the hutch... purple and green is such a great conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful room and the green hutch is fantastic! I never met a shade of green I don't like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous room! Purple is one of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of purple ... an often overlooked color. I wish I could see that chandelier up close. Maybe another post???? :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...