Sunday, October 3, 2010

A French Decorating Book and Blog

I just ordered this book from Amazon and cannot wait for it to arrive! I found this book from the most fabulous french inspired blog: Cote de Texas.  Her latest post recommended a couple of books and The French Inspired Home is one of them.
This gorgeous living room is full of inspiration and is the reason I clicked immediately to Amazon. Lets talk about this room ladies! This space has white linen slipcovers, a romantic floral pillow, sisal carpeting, a color palette of beige and white with hints of pink, painted furniture, rustic touches of brick and rough plaster walls, a trumeau mirror, birdcages, antlers, and of course a crystal chandelier. I LOVE this room! Will my living room soon be transformed into a sister space? Yes, I think it might.....
 Joni writes the incredible blog Cote de Texas. She has a gazillion people who follow her. 
When you read her blog you will know why.  I can get lost in her blog for hours. She is a detailed, thoughtful writer and is a veritable fountain of information about her topic~French Decor. 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check out the book and the blog. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a gorgeous room! I will definitely check out Cote de Texas.

    Thanks for stopping by Elizabeth & Co. Yes, I primed the headboard before painting. I pretty much prime everything unless I am doing a heavy distressing and really want the old color to show through.

    Love your blog. Looking forward to spending more time here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to love it! I got my copy yesterday and I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this room! I think it's beacause of the fabrics. And that skirt on the oversized ottoman! Beautiful! I love Carolyn Westbrook's style! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book looks amazing and Joni's blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so happy to have found you.. and will ck out the book... and i dont know anyone who doesnt love joni... she is the best... xx pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa! just saw this!!! thank you sooo much!!!
    JOni

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is so inspiring :)
    Great blog too !

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...