Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gatsby Dresser~mix your own colors with Chalk Paint®

 The latest painted project from Maison Decor is our Gatsby Dresser.  Its one of our favorites to date!  We wanted to mix a vibrant turquoise color and so we used two of the colors in the Chalk Paint® color palette:  Florence and Provence.  Both beautiful alone but we wanted this dresser to have a color that was as special as its lines and details. From the hardware to the extra fancy details this one had us at hello.  Colin landed the project and he had his first time at mixing up the right shade of blue...green....blue.....green....uh, you get what I'm trying to say, right?   I have a bunch of pics on my iphone and they are all distorted when I tried to upload them onto this blog platform. Not sure why~so instead of subjecting you to fatso images that look a bit fun house nutso, we will just leave it at this simple post of one pretty image and one that is a bit distorted (below).  
 After Colin mixed up the paint colors he painted two coats, let it dry overnight, then he distressed it around the edges and the details and applied a mix of dark and clear wax with a liberal hand.  Wiped it all off right away. I added some King Gold gilding wax for the final touch~ leaving behind a perfectly finished vintage cabinet that we find might just have come out of the movie we saw two nights ago The Great Gatsby!  The colors in the movie were all so intense and saturated and there was plenty of gilding too.  What inspiration!  We hope someone finds this dresser inspirational and decides they cannot live without it...just like Jay Gatsby needed Daisy Buchanan... we however,  are hoping for a happy ending for this little Maison Decor production. 

 For more information about the dresser 
or to buy King Gold gilding wax
go online to www.shopmaisondecor.com



Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Oh my word, love that dresser, it is fantastic. The color and finish is stunning. Great job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, and very nice. Thanks for sharing, blessings Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color, might have to try it on something myself! Love the wax finish on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! The color and finish is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this piece. It's lines are fabulous and the color really makes it pop. beautiful. Would love to find a piece like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color is stunning! We liked the movie,too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, oh.....
    Colin's getting better than his mother.....
    Great job on the distressing!
    Welcome home from school kido!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...I love it. Of course it's in a color I adore. I can't wait to See Gatsby. I meant to have seen it already but it hasn't happened...it will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This can be such an excellent resource that you're delivering and also you provide away totally free. I really like seeing internet websites that realize the value of offering a top quality resource free of charge. It?s the previous what goes throughout appears schedule.
    Cccam Server | Cardsharing | Cardsharing Server | Dreambox Cccam | Dreambox Cardsharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it also and I am going to see that movie this week sometime

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely breathtaking, Amy! Soooooo rich!!!!! Wow!!! ♥ That Colin sure inherited your talent! :)

    xoox laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Gravy that is beautiful !!! OMGOODNESS LOVE that color and that dresser.. DO you need a pen so you can take down my address and mail that to me for my bday LOL just kidding but >>>>>>>>>>>>> LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh darn Gorgeous! Colin, you did a great job as a chalk paint mixologist. Amy, your gilding is the perfect finishing touch. (Just picked up "your" Romantic Homes magazine -- SO proud for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous color. I love chalk paint, but so far I'm a coward when it comes to mixing colors. Maybe I will give this combo a try. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I am in Warrenton, VA with Janet Metzger.. LOVE HER! I have an auction business and she is one of my best customers, and I am one of hers. My next project is a tired dresser and I bought the Florence and Provance yesterday to mix. Your shop timeline was great!! LOVE the hints from your blog. I am now a regular. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...