Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Christmas Hutch

All the elements of Christmas decorating can be boiled down to these three things:
Greenery, Ribbons, Lights. 
So I was overjoyed when I saw Mr. Maison Decor's big dump truck full of shrubbery
 pull in our driveway yesterday. He is a retired police officer 
but now is the CEO of his own excavation biz and was taking all this
 green goodness to a dump as part of clearing the site for an addition.
 Oh boy!! Wait a minute!
I had a clear vision of how wonderful that greenery could be right in 
our own home, instead of at a dump.  He looked funny at me (for only a few seconds)
 and then knew it was probably not worth any further discussion.  
I ran outside in my bathrobe while my first cup of coffee cooled on the kitchen
counter.  Hubs climbed up into the bed of the truck and clipped an assortment
of boughs and tossed them down to the ground, along with the industrial strength
clippers I would need to trim them when decorating.  
Who cared what the neighbors think anyways. 
 I couldn't have been more excited about this bounty of boughs! 
I wouldn't be using them on the mantel as the fireplace would dry them out.
I had the perfect place I planned to put them.
Right on top of the country hutch.  
And so the "Christmas Hutch" was born.  
I started piling and shoving the boughs up on top of the hutch, 
until it was full and lush.
 I couldn't love it more. 
 It feels like an old fashioned English cottage Christmas in here!
Large pieces of furniture can really become beautiful focal points of any room.
It's size can carry this lush and bountiful dressing of branches woven with 
wide purple velvet ribbons.  Its truly the focal point of the dining room now.  
Which is really saying something because....
Our new beautiful French doors are hard to compete with. 
 I will be getting started on the table as our first party is tomorrow, buffet style.  
The second party will be a formal sit down dinner,
and both will have different looks with special accents that I will be sharing here. 
 Hoping you are in good shape for the upcoming holidays, 
its been such a treat this year for me!  Staying home and not running to a 
retail shop has been a gift. 
 My new dog, my husband and kids and home are all
 getting lots of attention, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  

  photo signature_zpsxi5q1w6r.png

11 comments:

  1. All I can say is...WOW Amy!!! Just beautiful.

    Have a Merry Christmas.

    hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, It looks beautiful. So full and lush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and cottagy for sure! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! enjoy your family and new doggie!!
    Marcy ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Amy, you and this purple transferware are really doing me in! That's gorgeous with the greenery and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you to get so much fresh greenery delivered right to your door! I love it on top of your hutch. I like the new color you painted it too. Have fun with your two parties this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are truly amazing, Amy. Everything you touch is just so magical and the result of your hard work is always so beautiful! I love how you have a vision and get to work on it in a blink of an eye. lol The interior of the hutch is just perfection now! Merry Christmas to you and your family! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Amy. I am so selfishly glad that you are home again showing your pretty decor projects.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love it Courtney...Great that the hubby is your supplier for the wonderful greens and delivered right to your door!....Everything looks so beautiful!...Your family and friends will be thrilled to be in your home for the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful. And how lucky you are that your husband just happened to come home with all of that lush greenery. You have a gorgeous home. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...