Thursday, September 9, 2010

I love Pink and Aqua

Just feast your eyeballs on this magnificent dresser
 in pink *squeal* and the frenchy aqua chair. 
This lovely image was posted by Lily of Opulence.  
Simply GOR~GEE~OUS. 
Which brings me to this post...

The swan song of summer still has me stuck in love with pink,
 and my new favorite color, aqua! 
Robins Egg Blue, Tiffany Blue...its all good!
While everyone else is hooking up with autumnal golds and browns.... I'm lusting after this combo.
I am going to savor a few pink and aqua combinations
 I have around my house for another week or so.
Like this vintage plate I got junking in NH this summer. 
This pile of frenchy pillows in pinks and blues are summerlicious!
I pile my pillows up on old aqua blanket chest that hides my recyclables.
Limoges demitasse set in painterly aqua and pink in the wispiest shades was another NH score.
My old favorite chintzware pitcher and a "new" old platter share pretty blues and pinks.
Martha Stewart.com shows a bike in rosey pink in front of an aqua porch. 
I have the aqua bike and am now going to paint my bike basket pink!
Can't you just picture a pink basket? Yummmm...
Pink closet from Traditional Home with a polka dot bench in
 blues, purples and pinks, but it's the aqua bag that grabs my eye!
Wouldn't my rug from Company C below look perfect in this closet?
I just adored this rug when I bought it on impulse, and I understand why. Aqua and Pink!
Even though it went with nothing, I wanted to incorporate aqua into my home's color palette.

So.....
good bye to the combo pink/aqua I adore. 
I am switching gears to usher in the fall. 
I'll see you two in the spring!





26 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors. I am in love with aqua too. Fantastic pictures. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo of pink and aqua, and think you do it beautifully. I knew it was only a matter of time before you decided to paint that basket pink or yellow, LOL!!! Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am going to have a hard time parting with summer because I love all of my pastels. I can incorporated lighter shades of golds and yellows, but that is as far as I go. The outside of my house get's hit with the bright colors!! ;-D

    I love the pink and aqua together. The platter you bought is just beautiful and I admired your rug awhile back...gorgeous!!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your pinks and aquas, so bright and cheery! Your bike would look great with a pink basket. I have a pink bike.. might have to look for a basket and paint it aqua.. lol! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just by looking at my blog, you can see that I love that color combination! Actually, pale pale blue with just a tiny touch of green in it is my favorite color. If it gets toooo green, I don't like it. I had my kitchen painted that color once (until I had to paint it neutral in order to sell the house) :( and I loved the way it looked with my white marble counters and pink flowers in a pretty vase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink/aqua combo, too. Just great. But, like you, I'm ushering in fall colors. By the way, your rug is fabulous! It must be like having summer all year long! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely photos of aqua and pink which is such a great color combination!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about the domino effect! I've been known to call it the snowball effect!
    But either way it definitely exists!
    I love that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your pink and aqua pieces!! So beautiful!! I will keep all my beautiful rose china pieces some of which are pink and aqua. But I am going to a more traditional decorating style. More earth tones, browns, creams etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. Love all the pictures of inspiration. You have a beautiful blog. It's my first time visiting and I will be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, that dresser made me sqeal... and you are right, your rug would be perfect in the Traditional Home closet. LOVE that rug. I wonder what the pink striae background for the shoes shelves is (fabric, wallpaper, paint). Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmmmm........I love that combination too... My kitchen colors. :-) I love pale pink and yellow too....fabulous together.

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just discovered your blog through Show and Tell Friday. I love your pinks and aquas...scrumptious! I've been on an aqua kick too, as of late, and am finding that it works quite well with gold....a nice way to bring it into autumn :) Regards, Sheilla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Be still my beating heart! THAT DRESSER...OH MY!!! WOW...OK, I better calm down, I adore your rug, the doggies on it are pretty great too, can't wait to see what you do for fall, everything you touch turns out amazing!!!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am new to your blog and love your style, great pink piece wow..just gotta love that bike!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful colors together! I've enjoyed seeing aqua again in so many places in Blogland. I think your little fuzzy faces love your pretty rug too!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, so sad to see them go! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a happy color combination -- and you've shown us so many wonderful examples! Have a great weekend!
    -bill

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Amy! I truly enjoyed visiting you today. The colors are wonderful. Pink and aqua are a lovely combination. Your rug is exactly what that closet needs to complement the polka-dot bench! Have a wonderful weekend. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh... I do love that color combination, too! I love the picture of your chippy aqua blanket chest and floral pillows... so pretty!
    I just can't seem to get in the mood for fall decorating yet... soon.
    Have a great weekend!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving all of the wonderful blues & pinks! So much better than autumnal earth tones! Your pillows are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I there - found you from My Romantic Home. I love pink & aqua. Two of my favorite colors. Your rug is awesome. Just love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...