Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just when you're not looking..


I found this old bike at the swap shop this summer.
I painted it bright aqua. I wanted a fun color for this vintage ladies bike.
One thing was missing, and I blogged about it right after I painted her.
She needed a bike basket!
I spotted this at Walmart yesterday!
An honest to goodness official bike basket without the official price tag of the specialty shops.
Its got the leather straps on the back to attach to your handle bars!
Having coffee this morning with my new friend. Its the little things in life that make you smile.
I think the basket might get a pink paint job like this one from Martha Stewart.com. You never know where you will find inspiration next.
I saw this image on a blog post that Nita from Mod Vintage Life had about the fourth of July....
yes, it will be pink!

9 comments:

  1. perfect find! nothing better than a basket just like that one.
    enjoy your day!
    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have to go to Walmart now!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it truly is! And that basket is just perfect.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful!! I love the basket on my bike! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walmart is so surprising isn't it? Your bike is darling, and will be extra cute with the new wicker basket, you'll have to put some flowers and a small dog in it to top it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your new friend :) You could even paint it white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your vintage little aqua bike is so darn cute....I love it!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh... I like the look of your "new" old bike! It's going to look great with the new basket... too cute!
    I Hope you're having a great week!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Can't wait to see what you put in it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...