Friday, September 24, 2010

RUE Magazine Party and Design Stars!

 I was invited to RUE!!
 This blurry shot of the Empire State building was taken 
by me as I hobbled along on 3" high heeled booties to the 
exciting premier launch party of RUE magazine
 at the New York Design Center! 
The streets were blocked from a United Nations convey
 and all the secret service buzzing by in Escalades.
 We had to exit the cab and hoof it to the party 
over one mile in those damn heels.
Caitlin Flemming, Anne Sage, 
Alaina Kaczmarski, Crystal Gentilello.
  This picture is from Alaina's blog and shows all the 
RUE girls together.
The first person I saw was lovely Alaina, one of Rue's editors. 
 I apologized for being late and blamed the bloody stumps that used to be my feet.
 She sent me and hubs over to the champagne station!
The first person I met there I thought I knew
 because he looked so familiar.
Then it hit me, it was Michael Moeller, the Design Star finalist!
Michael was so charming and handsome IRL. 
We talked about his friendships
 with the other design star contestants
and his famous glass room design concept.
 Later he told me and Mr. Maison Decor 
where to get a steak after the party! 
Thanks Michael~it was great.
Are you kidding me?
 I went over to say hi to Tamara Stephenson from NestNestNest 
and suddenly noticed who was right behind us....EDDIE ROSS!
The stars were out in force for RUE!
I got to talk to Eddie Ross and his partner Jaithan Kochar
 about design stuff!
*PINCH ME*
And about junking at Salvation Army! 
Pinch me again! They are junkers too.
I told him all about my Lillian August sofa
 that I grabbed for $300. 
They confirmed I got a huge deal. 
I promised to take them with me when they come to Bean town.
Offer still stands guys!
We talked about blogging too~it was very inspiring.
 I told them about @dunesandduchess 
and their fabulous candelabras. 
Those candelabras seem so "Eddie"....

This is from his latest blog post...
isn't this just a brilliant use of color, 
fabric and accessories to tell a story?
I could picture the black candelabra on the desk. Yes?
Tamara and I shared a few moments. 
She brought her hubs and I brought mine so they 
would have someone to hang out with at the "designer event".

 I do look a bit disheveled especially next to Tamara...
hello people!?? 
I just walked over a mile in heels.
I don't have any practice doing that...and 
so much for wearing the right outfit--what was I thinking?
A turtleneck to a glamour event! LOL
That's a true Bostonian for you!
Wow! "Hi Dan"! 
Dan Faires was on Design Star too!
I loved him because he was so good helping
 everyone out with his use of tools. 
I told him I was good at using tools too 
so we would have been the perfect team.
Dan agreed. 
His beautiful wife may have thought otherwise.
Rhoda from Southern Hospitality snapped this picture 
of Mr. MD and Dan listening intently to my design opinions!
Dan was really nice ~and maybe I wasn't under dressed after all.
Jonathan Legate was one of the design bloggers at the party. 
I loved his lapel flower. The room was abuzz of design chat.
You can see Emily in the background cutting through the room.
I already had my chance to gab with Emily, 
and she was in demand!
When you're a celebrity everyone wants a piece of you!
This party was all about celebrating RUE.
The collage is from the blog Decor8.
Look at the gorgeous images.
The brainchild of bloggers, this online magazine is terrific..
and not to be missed.
This party was a real taste of design life in New York!!
Designers everywhere you looked, 
beautiful surroundings at the Design Center,
 lots of champagne,
 and swollen feet.

Thanks for the invitation RUE and special thanks to Alaina~
you were incredibly welcoming and sweet and we
wish you all the success with RUE.








10 comments:

  1. Amy- you lucky, lucky girl! It must have been so amazing to be there and experience that! Wow!! You look great, btw! I always feel like I am over or underdressed- now I just go with black and go for dressy casual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy Amy! I'm so jealous of all your appearances here and there, hob nobbing with the famous names. Sooo cool! Happy weekend!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. After all the events you and all the design bloggers and enthusiasts have been to in the past week it is a wonder anyone is standing, much less looking glamorous! I think you look great.
    Great pics of some of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thrilled you were able to come!! Thank you so much for the support!

    I hear ya on the feet... I just want to lay in bed all weekend. They're STILL sore from the past week. Hah

    Have a good one!

    Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    What a fun event and the opportunity to meet some interesting people! I have a seminar at the Michigan Design center next week, but nothing like this! Have a nice weekend.
    Cathy Erickson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you making the rounds! That must have been so much fun, good for you! I would never attempt to even try to wear three inch heals, I would have killed myself, holy cow!!! (I liked the bloody stumps comment, I was laughing out loud)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful party. I saw Eddie Ross at the Scott's Antique Market in Atlanta and said Hi. He's so nice. I want to sign up for a full shopping spree next time he is here. Love the Goodwill! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun post! You really gave us a sense of what it was like to be there. And I think you look great, by the way.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO much fun meeting you too! Loved all our talk of junking too!

    E + J

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...