Monday, August 13, 2012

Advanced Techniques Class

 A quick post to mention I am having my Advanced Techniques Class
in the Malden Mass shop this Wednesday night and I have room
for one more if you are interested.
We will be making a master sample board using some 
beautiful techniques that can be used on furniture or walls.
I will have pots of paint and lots of metallic leaf
 and gilding waxes and stencils
and all kinds of good stuff to play with.
 Its bringing out the serious artist deep within us all~these classes
 are made to encourage creativity
and show you how to get those fabulous looks you admire.
 I am working on this crackled finish table with a silver gilded glaze 
and will reveal that later this week.
 I finished up the music cabinet in Paris Grey with clear wax 
and a touch of King Gold gilding wax to highlight the shapes of the carved elements.
 It was bought right while I was painting it in the store...
as often happens I am working on a piece
when shoppers come in and they enjoy seeing how the paint goes on, 
or the wax, as many are first timers with Annie Sloan™  products. 
So Mike bought this cabinet and I let him pick what color
 he wanted for the interior secret cubbie. 
 He chose Florence~but what he doesn't know is that I added an extra touch~
 I used a gold glaze over the Florence and it is an amazing combo~
I will be doing this same thing
to my front doors of the Boston shop!! 
So get out your paintbox and gilding waxes 
and make something special!!
 Its a blast!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Wish I could fill that spot, but a little too far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabinet is beautiful, Amy. I know your class will be so much fun, and a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, you are doing some really interesting things with your new glazes and gilding waxes. Always love reading your blog and seeing how the stores are progressing. Congrats to you what an undertaking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Could you please tell me when the class is and what the cost would be? Not sure if I can find child care, but it sounds fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gabi - at the upper right is a link to her Workshops and Classes, click on the Annie Sloan photo. Ir brings you here, which has the cost and time:
    http://maisondecor8.blogspot.com/p/maison-decor-retail-location.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful-I love this colour!Very,very nice!!!
    xoxo...by Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time in your class! Love the cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be tickled pink to be able to take one of your classes. They sound so fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...