Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Annie Sloan Fabrics & our first Boston Piece finished!

 One of the new things that you will all be hearing about and seeing
 more of is the line of exclusive European fabrics in the Annie Sloan 
collection that will be available soon in the US.  I am very excited 
about this line~they are made out of linen and have a decidedly French flavor.
 You will see a large display in my shop out of the pattern
 Normandie Toile, the one in the lower right corner. 
Its a dusky lilac with cocoa brown toile pattern,
and it looks really pretty with French Linen, Coco, and Paloma~
 Annie's fabrics are made to coordinate withe her Chalk Paint® colors.  
So stay tuned for more on this~
 In the meantime we are on a big deadline for September 1 opening. so
we are trying to finish the pieces for the store.  Justin finished the waxing on the 
french console table and then we moved to do the piece I have been dying to work on!!
 The french console in French Linen is gorgeous~
 We used French Linen again for the cash out station 
(formerly a French Provincial dining room buffet).
A really rustic look was our goal and
 I wanted to do a two color treatment,  which I don't tend to favor.
However for this piece I could totally see it~
 Justin is a great waxer!! I love it! The point of waxing is to really
 work it into the paint so it penetrates into the Chalk Paint™ 
and that is what creates the sealed finish. So really work
 your wax into the finish, and using the Ultimate Wax Brush 
is second to none in getting the job done.
 See how rustic this piece is~way more than I normally
 go in the distressing, but we both loved how it evolved.


 Another piece that is in the works is the church pew~
we added the French Poem in French Linen and 
a few other goodies that I will share when it is finished...
this is still in progress.
 I caught the boys being boys~
Colin was showing Justin something on his iPhone.
Napoleon was eavesdropping...
So that is the latest...the floors are finished in Boston! 
We will start moving things in and getting the fun stuff going. 
You know you can find photos as we get things accomplished in there~
thanks for reading the blog! If I don't write you back after
 you ask me a specific question it is because you have no-reply 
on your blog comment and I cannot write you back. 
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. looks stunning. you are amazing with your furniture makeovers! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fabrics look gorgeous! Will you be offering them online as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really excited about that fabric! I love the one that you are going to use..and the one above it with the seafoam looking color background looks pretty too. You sure finished the floors quickly! Your family works so well together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics look gorgeous, Amy! It sounds like you are going to be ready for your September 1st opening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lord have mercy... The two tone piece in the French Linen is completely wonderful. I wouldn't have had to guts to distress it that much, and i am completely in love with the way it turned out. I keep seeing hardware painted white, as in this piece, and i really like the look alot, as i sit here i'm looking for something with hardware i can paint white around here.
    I'm also enchanted with your toile fabric choice, that's totally my favorite.
    Looking great girl! Can't wait to see the new shop pulled together!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I love the piece in the corner right! That is the one I am drawn to the most. I love two tone and heavy distress and do it every chance I get so I adored your buffet it was so cute the boys talking and Napoleon eavesdropping!! And i can't wait to try miss mustardseed out. You are a busy gal love all that you are doing!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy every piece you have transformed has turned out amazingly gorgeous!!

    The fabrics will be a big hit, love the toile!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    2012 Artists Series

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing...sounding and feeling like a broken record but its true..you are just amazing! Love the piece and all of the charming fabrics....well done once again Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your rough luxe cash out station turned out. Usually I don't like two toned paint jobs but I love this. And I loved that piece you did in stripes not long ago. Who would have ever thought you and your boys would be doing this together. It's awfully cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy,
    Lesley and I enjoyed meeting you and Justin and seeing your lovely store! I got so many wonderful goodies - wish I'd have had the room (and the $) for lots more! I can't believe that you already got that bench painted! Everything was beautiful and I wish I had taken a look at the fabric but I got distracted.

    Thanks so much for putting up with us!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all looking so fabulous, Amy! It must warm your heart having your family support and help and want to get involved like they are! What fun for you all! :) Adore that rustic look on the buffet, too!!!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just the most beautiful stunning fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fabulous idea with introducing the fabric line!

    smiles.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the bench! Wish I lived closer =(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that bench too! Your son really has the waxing technique down...much better than I do! So fun to see that both of your sons are so involved. I may be in Boston in a few months. I will have to visit your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new fabrics!!...Who will be carrying these fabrics...will they be exclusive to vendors who carry chalk paint....oh so many questions...
    Happy moving day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fabric, the shop looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Amy I have been away for a short while and so need to catch up on all your little projects. I really love the Annie Sloan fabrics such a wonderful idea matching the fabric with paint. I bet you are getting excited for Boston, don't work too hard take care. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the fabrics are great! I love all the pices of furniture too! It is so great that you have such support.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that this has become a family affair, that is so cool! I love the Normandie Toile! And the cash station came out awesome! I can't wait to see more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's great to finally get a peek at the new Annie Sloan fabrics. They look very pretty! Love how that piece turned out for the cash station at your newest shop. I'm super excited about seeing all the pics of the store when it's filled up.

    ReplyDelete

  22. I am liking that toile fabric can't wait to see what all colors it comes in

    your shop is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Amy,
    I LOVE the new Annie Sloan fabrics, and made to coordinate her Chalk Paint even better!
    XO
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the furniture makeover- the extra distressing looks great. I'm loving the lavender toile, too- will you have samples available?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so very excited for you! The fabrics are a lovely compliment to Anne Sloan Paints - it looks like everyone's having fun for your opening! I wish you all the best!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...