Friday, August 17, 2012

Gilders Paste, and a visit from my Mom and Dad

I am getting so excited about all the new things I am carrying in the shop.
But first let me show you the way you can make your own cool one of a kind
hutch!  I bought the arch top piece at auction and had been using it in my  home office~
do you remember this makeover?
My home office makeover can be read here
At the time I put this shuttered hutch top on top of my desk.
Since I opened the store I thought it would make a good display piece
and when I found the french style desk/vanity I joined them together.
 This morning we set it up and I painted the inside  
so it would coordinate with the desk part that I already
 painted in the same color.
just check out the new display piece...

This is how it looks~its pretty nice. You can marry two pieces, and if 
I painted them both the same color it would look smashing~
but I decided to do it this way with the interior of the upper cab to 
match the exterior of the lower table of the combo piece.
I filled it with my new shipment of Gilding Pastes. 
 You can find Gilders Paste in our online store at
Its a great little metallic paste
that is a mixture of wax with resins. We have samples so people can 
see all the cool effects they can get with this paste. 
It has an every man's price point,
and so if you have resisted the French Gilding waxes 
you might consider the Gilding Pastes!
 African Bronze and Celtic Bronze on Chateau Grey Sample board~
Some Silver and German Silver and Patina seen here~
I set up the case to highlight these special extra touches that one can 
use to elevate a piece of furniture or revive an old tarnished frame...
The luxurious French Gilding waxes in the classic offerings of Gold and Silver~
 This is a great display piece, and I am happy with how it came out~
so think about putting two 
mismatched pieces together to get the look you want 
in your dining room, kitchen or office!
 The little Parisian Apartment clock in a veridgris finish 
 is in our online shop too~
 So sweet~its metal and has just the right mix of distressed 
coppery metal with that aqua color I love so much~
and one little pearl in the center.
 Its been the busiest week I can remember having~I started off preparing for 
an advanced techniques class and this master board was made by one of my students
highlighting multiple techniques you can use for walls and furniture.
 This is an intense class of 3 hours of creating and learning~
The board brings decoupage and stenciling to life with layered processes.
 Finally, I want to show off a couple of pics of my cute parents (and son)! 
My parents were up from Martha's Vineyard and 
my mom had her first visit to my shop~
It was nice to show them the shop, but I had so much stuff to do....
so after a quick tour they departed and Colin and I got back to work.
You know my Boston store REALLY will be opening...
I have a September One opening planned
and I have yet to pick up a paint brush or sweep the floor in 
the new location...
so I am gearing up for a whirlwind effort and will be sharing lots 
of candid shots as we get this Boston party started!!


Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all the exciting things happening in your life! You must be busy, busy, busy!

    You look like your mom!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy I LOVE those two pieces together and the fact that the shutter piece on top is a different color on the outside! GORGEOUS!!
    You look just like your mom! Sweet pics of your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy so many wonderful ideas here. The married pieces look amazing for display! The gilding cream is so great to use and I know it only takes a bit!The results from your class, wow!

    I bet your Mom and Dad are so happy and excited for all you have accomplished! You go girl!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    2012 Artist Series featuring Harrison Howard

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a good picture of you and your parents! You favor your mom. You really do have so many exciting things happening in your stores. I know you're keeping very very busy. It probably doesn't feel like work though since it is alot of fun too. I've been following MMS's milk paint line and am excited to see it displayed in your store. I've never used milk paint before but I know it has existed a lot longer than chalk paint. I used to see it at flea markets and antique shops many years ago. The thing I like about MMS's line is she will be offering more up to date colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god your store looks so cute. The display case is perfect for all the gilding goodies too. I love the little French clock, it's so charming, is it old, or a reproduction? I think Colin likes working with you in the shop, he always looks really happy in the photos. You are becoming quite the master of painting techniques... I'm loving all the ideas i'm getting watching from here. That crown is cool looking, and i always love the scripty stuff. I'm just sittin here watching this flurry of activity in awe!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,
    What a sweet photo.You look just like your beautiful mom!
    Love that piece!Can't wait to try MMS paint.I need to pre-order that already!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your parents must be BURSTING with pride, I am over your achievements and you aren't even my daughter:) Seriously Amy you are SOOOO talented....I see an HGTV show in your future!
    On top of that I have a few projects I would love to give you (will email you to see if it would even be feasible)!
    Just know I am a big big fan and in total awe of all you do, that lattice hutch, GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So of course I want to know... WHAT did Mom buy??? lol! Looking great, as always. And ACK - time to sweep out the new Boston store already!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Sue, well she didn't buy milk paint or Chalk Paint™!! She bought an antique blue glass flower vase...yes I will be in Boston on my days off sweeping and painting and getting it set up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That married piece is just beautiful, Amy. A perfect display piece. It is so nice that your parents were able to pop in and see your place. I am sure that you wish you would have had more time with them.

    Can't wait to see what you do with the new store- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did that same thing with a dresser and cupboard in my bedroom, Amy - and created a TV armoire out of it! I love putting pieces together like that. Really makes a statement in a room!

    What a sweet photo of you and your parents! You've got such a pretty outfit on. :)

    Ok.....I really need that little clock. Really. Seriously. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The display piece is lovely Amy! How wonderful for your parents to come by and see all that you have accomplished. I bet they are so proud of you. You are amazing and like the energizer bunny! I agree with others...you really look like your Mom. A beautiful photo of the three of you. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow--I can't believe your other shop will open by the 1st! The 1st is my daughters 14th birthday and my first year of blogging anniversary. I will be thinking of you! I know I have said it 100 times but I don't know how you do it. Love hearing about the milk paint. LOVE that little clock--adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The paired pieces are great - I love the hutch. I think my favorite is the blue clock - your place looks mahhhvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet seeing your Mom and Dad. I bet they are so thrilled for and proud of you, Amy. I don't think I'd seen pics of your Mom before...she is pretty. You look pretty too.

    Love that hutch top at your house or shop!

    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are one talented lady. I really like it when you share something old or new, you do beautiful work. I know you are one very busy person, but, I actually miss when you don't post. Cute picture of your parents and you. Blessings Paula Lusk

    ReplyDelete
  17. You constantly amaze me with your energy and talent. All your painting projects turn out so beautifully. Love the desk & hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where do you find the time to do all you do? Do you let yourself have any fun? Hope so. You know the all work no play saying. Love everything I see on your blog. My heart is racing, I'd so love to have that little aqua oval clock. Love the difference of it. I'll have to keep watching to see if I can afford it when you put in your online store. Could you send me an alert when you do so I don't miss it? Sorry to even ask but I so covet that clock. I love to mix different styles of things in my room and home.
    Thanks for sharing, you are a very talented person.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your shop is beautiful Amy I am sure your parents are very proud of you! We can sure see where you get your pretty looks from too! Enjoy your Sunday!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your married piece looks awesome, Amy. I love putting pieces together. The shop just keeps evolving beautifully. Your parents are adorable, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those pieces do look great together. I love that french desk. Super excited about the new store...can't wait to see inside.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that little clock! The advanced class looks like a lot of fun! I love the layered look. It must have been nice to have both of your parents visit! Can't wait to see inside the new store, this is soooo exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your new store! I am so excited for you!

    And thank you for sharing your techniques! I love Annie Sloan Chalk paint and it is nice to see an artist share some of the things that amatuers like myself do not know.

    Oh, speaking of can I ask a question? How do you get your blog linked to your facebook page, as you have a seperate button I was trying to figure that out for myself.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...