Monday, October 8, 2012

Antiqued, Pink and Gilded=Gorgeous

 We had a fun time in Sunday's Annie Sloan Introductory Workshop.
I had ten ladies join me for the class and this is one of the things
I taught them all~how to create an antiqued molding using Chalk Paint™
decorative paint and French Gilding Wax.  
 We started by using the Crackle technique on the molding board~see all
the cracks in the wood?  The fancy picture frame molding was the inspiration for this simpler piece of molding~but it yielded the same stunning results.
 After I taught them the Crackle Technique, I had them apply Annie Sloan™ Clear Wax followed by her Dark Wax to give it an aged look and to highlight
all the cracks and lines on the sample.  But we weren't finished yet....
We used our fingertips and added King Gold gilding wax to the edges of the molding to created a pretty antique feminine french look.  Just imagine doing this to a large wood frame around a chalk board, picture frame or on cabinets and doors!
Another sample board we created was showing how to make
a rustic effect using irregular brush strokes and then applying the 
Dark Wax for exposing the texture.  The class used Old Ochre Chalk Paint™ 
followed by Dark Wax straight up~it looked like leather.
We played with Gilder's Paste in Antique Gold which has a coppery
look to it~we rubbed it into areas of  the leathery Rustic Technique sample board.  This would make an awesome furniture finish!
By adding an extra step using metallics you are able to enhance
your furniture and cabinetry projects with ease.
There were other techniques taught during the Introductory Workshop too.
But as you can see~Introductory doesn't mean Basic, Simple or Beginner...
You learn some awesome tricks using Annie Sloan's techniques
that she has taught all of us Stockists!  So find a Stockist near you by 
visiting AnnieSloanUnfolded.com to take a workshop if you would
like to learn this kind of stuff.  
Of course if you are nearby, 
I'd love to have you join me~!
Check out our workshop lineup right here at
You can also find the Gilding Wax at my online shop.
The Gilding Pastes will be added tomorrow~
Happy Painting!!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you've learned alot of wonderful techniques with the chalk paint and special waxes. Love what you've shown examples of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll be with you in spirit!

    5 days til paris, baby.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting jealous..everyone has Annie Sloan paints but me. I better be getting some. This is the 2nd blog in 2 minutes , that I have seen projects with that paint. Looks like lots of fun.Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pink and gold its beautiful!! I bet your students feel really special with all the techniques you are teaching them. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy those are great techniques! I need to try that wax! LOVE that crackle finish too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that doesn't look like beginners work at all! I bet all the ladies were so tickled to learn such cool techniques right off the bat!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS! I cannot say it big enough..you are such a master!! Seriously love seeing all of your many creations....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would so love to take one of your classes if I lived in your area:) Beautiful techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the different techniques you keep sharing continue to amaze me, Amy! I adore the gilding wax I ordered from you, too. What's the difference between the wax and the paste? Just consistency? :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful technique Amy...I love the guilding!


    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying to try the new gilding wax!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...