Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pearlized finish~a new look!

 You might have noticed how enamored I am of metallics
when used in furniture finishing~
 You have seen my projects with gilding pastes and waxes~
 I was introduced to a new product that creates a pearlized finish~
 It gives a silvery sheen to a surface and you create different looks with it.
This was my first attempt at using it~I painted this cool table with 
Coco Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan.  Then I dry brushed on quite liberally,
the pearlized product. I really love how it looks!~its hard to see from a photo,
but its quite sophisticated and you can change the look with dark wax over the 
pearl~I have been playing around with it for a few hours and wanted to share it
right here with you! So let me know what you think?
 I plan to stock it at Maison Decor~
anything that I love using 
I want to bring to you,
so you can create high end finishes on your pieces that
don't have to come out of those
high end stores or cataloques!
 Before~the Duncan table was an old fashioned but 
interesting mahogany table~two coats of Coco
and then some pearl magic gave me this fabulous result!
 I now sell this magic pearl potion in both my stores and online.
Click the link above to take you there~
Use it to create a magical effect on your furniture!



Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Amy! It's beautiful! Like faerie frost on the trees in Winter!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Amy- I LOVE it! Not only the finish but the style, too. GREAT piece all the way around-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    I love it! It really does give the piece a high-end look.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pearlized look myself and just did my walls in a White Pearl finish over pale grey walls which came out looking silver but its gorgeous. I like it on furniture too and did a wood storage box with it. Your project is beautiful too. lady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Wow, I would never have guessed you painted it first with Coco. Love how it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great. I love the pearlized look too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an interesting table! Sign me up for the pearly stuff -- I have been dying to do over a chair with a silvery finish, but was at a bit of a loss as to just what to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beeeautiful, Amy! It adds another layer and dimension to the paint. So elegant! :) Looking forward to learning more about it!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, i think it's fabulous! I wouldn't touch it with anything else! It looks really high end, and expensive and cool!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy, do I love that table, so unusual. Don't think I've ever seen one in years. I'm of an age to remember tables like that.
    I love unusual things also, not what everybody else has.
    The finish is exceptional. Making that old lady into a new girl. So wish I lived close so I could visit your shop and buy a few things.
    Happy Week

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that table, I have never seen one like it! Love the metallic finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your duncan table has such a beautiful shape and with your special "paint" touch it is simply amazing Amy!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Duncan table..truthfully, I have never seen that style of table...you certainly gave it new life and a more "polished" look....I can't imagine that table being in your shop for long!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...