Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Our Christmas 2012

Christmas Eve 2012
Our Family Scrapbook
The night had finally arrived!
Dillon waited in the living room for
the family members to arrive for our 
traditional Christmas Eve dinner party.
I was as prepared as I ever could be given the new
stores and the workload with that~so this party would just
be for our family this year, with no extras like we sometimes invite.
 Justin arrived first bringing some handcrafted gifts
 inside handcrafted gift bags!
This kid is like a chip off the old maternal block I have to say!
 Colin and Justin shared a moment in the kitchen with their dad, Barry, before we all moved into the living room for some cocktails and banter.

 The dogs were running around~they add a lot to the party.
 Lots of picture snapping went on throughout the evening~
Its nice that we are able to celebrate with Barry
 during important family times as it means a lot to the boys~
it didn't happen overnight, but now he is always included. 
This was his third Christmas at our house!
Then it was dinner time~the table was simply set 
with a white cloth and
sprinkling of blue opaline with silver flatware and 
a big tray for a centerpiece.
It looked sooo pretty!  
You can see the first Chalk Paint project I ever did in the corner~
my little bonnet topped secretary.
The candles were lit~
My family! 
Lets eat! I made a homemade sauce and then a lasagna 
with a big fresh salad and garlic toast.  
Mimi made a delicious pecan pie for desert.
 After dinner we went back into the living room to exchange gifts...word had leaked out about the Santa PJs that everyone was going to receive and it seemed they wanted to get right into their PJs! So we opened those first and then everyone scurried off to put their new PJs on.
Justin cracked everybody up with his appearance in his skivvies~
Brandon and Colin~
Barry was taking a pic of everyone in their PJs too
 Ok they were all in position~
but it wasn't quite a Christmas Card photo yet..
"Hands in the pockets"...."Turn sideways everybody"....
suggestions were flying!
 Then hubby told me to get in the picture~
I didn't have the same PJs cuz the womens sizes 
were all sold out except in XXL.  Nice for draperies maybe...
Anyway, hubby then told them to pick me up!! 
 It was really silly and funny and fun!
We were having a blast in the PJs....I totally recommend this for
your family gathering next Christmas! It makes everyone feel like a kid
again and you can't help but laugh and smile.
Then a pic of mother and sons....we couldn't stop laughing.
And then a pic of the boys with their dad....
We unwrapped a few gifts~but the night was really
all about fun family times and I know we will look
back on this Christmas with fondness.
We went to bed waiting for Santa~
 Mr. Maison Decor had a private conference
 with Mr. Claus a few nights before
and it seemed everyones wishes were about to be filled!
Christmas day was spent in our PJs and slippers....
with plenty of fun memories from the night before 
and with all of our lovely and thoughful gifts unwrapped~
it was the best of Christmases.


Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Love the pajama party! Looks like everyone had a fabulous time, I'll have to give it a try, too.
    Wishing you a happy and blessed new year.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy...the happiness and love just radiates from this post. One of the best Christmas posts I have seen, love the pj's and everyone looks so happy and COMFY! What a great Christmas card picture....your home looks so BEAUTIFUL and love the shot with your beautiful dining room mirror all done up, just simply stunning!!! You have outdone yourself and deserved that fun day off and pj party! Merry Christmas, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful evening! Our stories are similar, I have a store "Vintage Begonia" with my 25 year old daughter Alina. What a wonderful adventure it is! Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Amy! Looks like y'all had a great time on Christmas Eve. The jammies sure made for a cute picture! It's nice that you can have everyone together like that. I'm sure this feels like a very busy year for you with the launch of your new stores. You have a lot to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fantastic Christmas. I love it that you all had the same pj's. Shannon did that for her nieces and friends. Perhaps all us grown ups need to do that next year. Loved seeing all the photos of your Christmas. Man...that's a lot of boys in the house. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos Amy! Looks like a wonderful time with your family! I miss those fun times with my husbands family.After his Mom died it has never been the same.Let's just say my family is not as fun!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours! Thank you for sharing such a lovely occasion with us! Love it!
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!! how wonderful! great atmosphere and interior for you, and what a handsome with blue eyes? :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I read that Justin :))))) I greet your super family ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS is a Christmas that dreams are made of. I am actually crying (?)

    xo

    Andie

    ps Your dining table with the blue accents is going on my Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww... it really looks like it was fun! I love that you're all comfortable having the boys dad there, i'm sure it does mean alot to them. The PJ's are hilarious! Ya'll look like one of those crazy Christmas photos they show online, when they show families dressed up in the same sweater, or doing weird stuff with bad hairdos and stuff... so funny
    Your poinsettia in front of the mirror is gorgeous, and i love the blue candles. Good for you for pulling this off with everything else you have going on!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us....your decors were fabulous....hugs and blessings, Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amy,
    This is just adorable. I love all the happy smiling faces in their very cute pj's. Love the one of them holding you.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your family tradition night. That is what Christmas is all about. Blessings Paula Lusk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure great memories were made Amy!! Looks like a wonderful time and I love the pjs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Christmas photos! Your dining room is beautiful - love the table setting. and the PJs are great! I enjoyed my visit very much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Silly me, thinking my days of dressing my boys in matching PJs was almost ending. Didn't realize it would be even more fun when they are grown up :)

    Looks like you all had a blast! Merry Christmas, Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you had a joy filled day with your family...a wonderful Christmas to remember!...Love those PJ's!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Pics Amy. Thanks for sharing. Everyone looks like they are having so much fun. Maybe I'll use your idea next year. Where did you get the PJ's? I am planning ahead. I'm sure others would like to know too.
    Happy New Year to all of you,
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy, looks like you had a wonderful time. You have a great family. And may I add that, being a child of divorce, an extremely bitter divorce, I LOVE the fact that you find it in you to include your sons' dad in the festivities. It is so meaningful for your sons, you have no idea. You are a beautiful person inside and out, this proves it.

    Nicole
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the jammies! I tried that once with my gang but they refused. They think their mother is obsessed. Merry Christmas! Sue N. (castleandcliff)

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for sharing such a fun Christmas! Your table was very pretty and dinner sounded good! Aloha Ral

    ReplyDelete
  23. That was great love the PJ's It looks like you all had an awesome Christmas. Your home is so beautiful! I'm new to your blog and I can't wait to see your home with out Christmas decor. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful Christmas, Amy! I think Jason would fit right in with your family! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoops! I wasn't done writing. Anyway, I LOVE all the jammies and your home looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...