Friday, September 23, 2016

A Fall French Country Home Tour with Soft Surroundings

September has ushered in the cooler fall weather, and I couldn't be more excited to be partnering with Soft Surroundings to create a new look for this room for our French Country House Tour.
 I am working with a group of super French Country Bloggers headed by Janet Coon of Shabby Fufu blog.  See the fabulous furnishings and accessories from Soft Surroundings and how we all have incorporated them into our own homes. The icing on the cake is that Romantic Homes Magazine is going to cover our French Country Fall Home Tour to spread the inspiration around!  
So many ways to style a room for fall, and sometimes a new piece of furniture  
or a great accessory is a fabulous way to get you inspired.
Pale shades of blue are my go to colors, and sometimes Fall decorating can be a challenge.
My fall palette is typically less of the oranges and more of the beige and tans.
Even then, I am a less is more girl, when it comes to fall decor, so I choose carefully.
I actually started decorating with only traditional fall colors....
but then I opted to add something softer.
(Thats why at some points you will see my big pink floral bouquet and other times it will be missing.)

How about these blue Cinderella pumpkins?  I think they were made
for  me, 'cause I rarely do orange! I snapped up a bunch at the farm stand
and knew they would work perfectly with my fall decor plan.
For starters, I used one of the French Norman Grain Sacks from 
Soft Surroundings as a rustic runner and focal point of the large trunk/coffee table.  
This is a vintage grain sack with a newly applied graphic in a romantic french style
 and I just love it!  Its a rustic tan color and has a dark aqua stripe down the middle.
Add some blue pumpkins (of course!)  to create an easy fall centerpiece.  
A plaid throw in grey and tan tossed over the back of the sofa is 
also an easy decorator trick to bring in the fall season.
Don't forget to play around with throws and pillows, 
you will be amazed at the different looks you get.
There are also a lot of things you can do with a grain sack for that casual 
French Country look, but used as a runner its super easy and stylish.
Pillows made from these pretty old grain sacks are another option of course. 
 A great fall accessory, don't overlook the grain sack!
Similar French Empire Crystal Chandelier
Now, to my favorite piece from Soft Surroundings....
the Fontaine Wingback Chair in French Grey !! 
Soft Surroundings is a clothing and furniture company both online 
as well in brick and mortar stores.  Their furniture is lovely and has a
French sensibility to it, which I adore. 
This handsome chair has added that perfect balance
 of masculinity to my room that has feminine touches.
French style can be fussy, and this chair mixes it up nicely.  
The Fontaine has that deconstructed look that is rustic and appealing.  
The chair is in a dark grey linen with tan burlap that is placed on the outside 
of the seating area for a two tone look, with deep button tufting. 
 It's already my husband's favorite place to have his morning coffee.
It's such a gorgeous chair! 
Last, but not least, the Riviera Nesting Tables were added to complete 
the new look of the room.  I adore these tables in the distressed blue finish.
The blue has some green in it, which is my favorite kind of blue.  
My walls are painted in pretty Ben Moore Woodlawn Blue,
so you can reference that color if you are considering this versatile set. 
Many of you may know I used to paint furniture professionally,
 and these tables are done very nicely.  
Even my son thought they were antiques!  
They are made from solid poplar wood, not a composite.
Well built and sturdy, I couldn't be happier with them.  
At the last minute I added these flowers....
And then I had to take photos of the whole room again.
So pretty! 
Yummy pink and blue with grey and tan:
~the Maison Decor Fall Palette~
Maybe not the typical Fall decor for most, but its fun to make 
it my own. That is what personal style is all about!
Either way, I love decorating and its been fun to play with my
new furnishings and accessories from Soft Surroundings.
Cozy up for fall and pull your chairs around the fireplace.
Set out some pumpkins and add some leaf garlands around your mantle 
or mirrors.  Use your favorite colors that go with your palette and
you will create a fall feeling in no time that is your style.
Our living room still has the romantic look I love, but the new additions
have given it a rustic flair, perfect for fall and the cooler months ahead.
Although I received compensation for this post, all opinions are my own.
I really couldn't wait to work with this company!
Now I'm headed to visit my blogger friends homes to see how they changed it 
up for fall with Soft Surroundings, and get inspired to decorate for Fall.
Even I haven't seen them yet!!
There are two groups showing off their amazing homes (along with mine)
 on Thursday and Friday. See below.
Click on the links to visit each blogger and prepared to be WOWED!!


 photo signature_zpsxi5q1w6r.png



Thursday

Shabbyfufu | Maison de Pax | Dixie Delights | Cedar Hill Farmhouse | Confessions of a Plate Addict Savvy Southern Style Housepitality Designs

Friday

Edith and Evelyn Vintage Maison Decor Designthusiasm
So Much Better With Age Eleven Gables Slightly Coastal

Please note there are links to purchase similar items under some of my photos.
I am a member of the Amazon LLC Associates Program, designed to allow
bloggers to earn fees from linking to Amazon.com.
I earn a small commission off of each sale, and that helps to support my blog.
This commission does not effect the pricing on your item!  
Know that if you purchase through my links and other bloggers links, 
you help support our blogs. Thank you!


22 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful room and feels like it's in France itself. You're lucky to have big windows and that beautiful fireplace to work with.
    I love the white vase holding the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Fontaine chair is gorgeous!....yes, it adds a bit of masculinity to the room which gives such great balance to the room....and yes, those pumpkins were made for you!....those stacking tables are fabulous too..I love all of your choices from Soft Surroundings..you chose the perfect things to compliment your room and home. The vase of pink flowers...yes, perfection Amy!...Always enjoy touring this stunning room of room of yours!! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just GORGEOUS, Amy!! I love all the touches of pink, blue, green, white. It's so soft and romantic! I'm so happy to be touring with you!! Happy Fall! xox, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, everything is SO lovely! I adore how you've added fall touches but they fit in so perfectly with your everyday decor. So happy to have joined in this hop with you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty, pretty...that is all I can say because you know I love what you do! Happy fall...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! The chair looks wonderful in your space. I love the soft colors you used for fall. I've had so much fun doing this hop! Thanks for bringing your talent to it.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I swear I could just move right into your home and be a happy girl! I love every inch of it! Your selections from Soft Surroundings are perfect and compliment your already amazing space. Beautiful!
    Cindy
    edith&evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, I just love the whole room! The chair is fabulous - I love the deconstructed look and it works perfectly in your space. My very favorite photo is the one facing the sofa with a view of the grain sack, those lovely pumpkins and the soft plaid throw behind it. It all looks so yummy and cozy for welcoming fall. Thanks for sharing... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on fall decor! You certainly make your own style. This room has the perfect balance of feminine and masculine and the pink flowers look amazing! Love your new chair too. Beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on fall decor! You certainly make your own style. This room has the perfect balance of feminine and masculine and the pink flowers look amazing! Love your new chair too. Beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All my favorite colors and it still feels like a cozy fall palette! Love it Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stunning! Love how dreamy this room is and that chair!! Love it and it's perfect for the space. So fun being in this tour with you!
    Hugs, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a lover of all things French, I can't believe I haven't found your blog! I was just popping along the house tour and found you. Your house is lovely!!! I am following you now on bloglovin'. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy -- what a lovely room and the Soft Surrounding items are perfect with what you already have. I particularly love those nesting tables and how you curved them instead of pulling them straight out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, Amy! You and I are right on the same page about blues for fall. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful. I love how you incorporated your new goodies from Soft Surrounding in your charming room.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful Amy. Janet was right, this is a very beautiful home tour. Love, love your amazing home. And when are you going to start selling your artwork?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Soft Surroundings and I love your chair! ( and, your French daybed!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your home, Amy...so beautiful! That chair is simply gorgeous! And the runner really speaks to me! Loving doing the tour with you...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a beautiful home thank you for this wonderful tour.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also love the green blue shades, and you have accented with it beautifully. Your home always looks stunning. I remember back in the 80's it was quite difficult to decorate my home with blues for the holidays. Why didn't we see these blue pumpkins back then?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your design. do you know bed linen design. Please share it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...