Saturday, August 21, 2010

lights! camera! action!


My son's girlfriend, Sarah, 
is a fashion stylist and personal shopper.
 She was asked to do a segment for local TV
 about back to school shopping on a budget.
 They wanted to film in her "office". 
Well, just like me, Sarah works out of her home
 so that is where I came in on this latest project.
 She needed to have a defined office space
 in her cozy Boston apartment. 
Sarah called me to pull this off in 48 hours!
Sarah McManus, Fashion Stylist
She's ready to film her segment! 
But lets take a peek at the transformation, shall we?
My son Justin and Sarah in their Boston apartment.
 See the paint swatch on the wall?
Way too many patterns in the sofa pillows. 
Too much artwork on the walls.
 Things are gonna change fast!
Paint swatches on the wall in tiffany blue shades. 
The bright blue color she had originally chosen 
was inspired by a Sex in the City
 character's apartment. 
This color didn't take long to overstay its welcome.
Sarah is a blue person and she was looking for a softer blue.
She chose Bird Egg by Ben Moore.
Its looking better already. 
I created an office space by placing
 two mismatched pieces together
 to create a hutch that she could use for her office materials. 
A desk would be placed in that same area
 to create a designated office space.
Sarah painting out the old blue. 
Here is her office zone. 
Sarah has a bohemian vintage spirit in her personal style.
This comes across with the painted pieces and the 
unique accessories used to decorate her space.
I organized her collections and edited out busy patterns.
Only soft pastels and creamy whites were used
to give this room a serene feeling
 but one that still had a lot of interest
I only "redecorated" this space. 
Nothing new was purchased to makeover this room!
I'll admit I brought in a large frenchy bucket
 from my house for her curly willow branches.
The camera is in place getting ready for the shoot.
The other thing that was fun about this job was that 
Sarah needed a family to be interviewed
 about back to school shopping on a budget. 
Here is my handsome son, Colin
 who was featured in the segment.
Guess who was the mom in the segment?
She's styling me for my little part!
Sarah on camera, Channel 7, Boston
My turn..... 
Not too often do I get to do a makeover 
on a space and then turn into a television star....not!
All in the day of a life of a designer....

For the link to the actual broadcast on this shoot
click here


If you'd like to check out Sarah's webpage,
 click below

17 comments:

  1. What a great transformation! Love it and the story. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such fun – and a lot of work in a short time! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting and fun! AND they MUST love their apt after the redo... There is NOTHING like good old fashion PRESSURE to get a job done... You did a beautiful job...
    My son Justin is in the MIDDLE of his two brothers(My three sons)...
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I love the changes you made to the space. That color of blue is so serene...

    ReplyDelete
  5. you go girl!!! Your son is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, serene is the word! Very nice, can't wait to see it "air", you'll have to remind me. Colin should be a model, he's very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really worked your magic here. It looks great! I love the color. What fun it must have been and a special time to spend with Sarah. I'm sure you'll both always remember that. Seems like you all have a great relationship! Fun post!

    Nancy

    p/s I sent you a loooong email. Hope you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful space! Looks like you had a ball; how cool was it to be on TV?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How Fun! You did a wonderful job! What a cute apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what fun Amy! You look so professional in front of that camera...very confident pose! Your son is so handsome too, and so is her GF of course. The transformation of that apartment is fantastic. I love it...and that paint color they pick is perfection.
    -marie

    PS. Thanks for the nicest, sweetest comment you left me the other day. I really really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha Stacy! I was going to pitch it to you as a story for an article! It was a great project. We are still transforming our living room as we speak. Amy will be advising of course! Thanks!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your comments are lovely. Stop by my blog as well when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...