Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Lovely Blog Award

Wow!! I received an award from Freckled Laundy!
Thanks so much, Jami!
Woo Hoo!!Yippee!!
The Rules of this award:
1) Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award
2) Share 7 things about yourself
3) Pass the award on to 9 fellow bloggers who inspire you
4) Let them know about the award
                               ***************************************************
7 Things About Me

  1. I love birdwatching and have bird feeders in my yard and birding books by my windows.
  2. I grew up in these foreign countries: Brazil, Pakistan & Thailand and got to go to many wonderful places with my parents such as the Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Acropolis, Taj Mahal, Mount Everest, The Wailing Wall, Tivoli Gardens, Sugar Loaf, Copenhagen's Little Mermaid, Anne Frank's Attic Hideaway, Red Square, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace....
  3. I have a rescue pitbull, Dillon, and have fostered other pitbulls
  4. I was chairwoman of The Sign Review Board in the city where I used to live and co-authored the law governing all signage in the city
  5. I play a competitive game of tennis
  6. In my twenties I sold my homemade cheesecakes to a french restaurant
  7. When my boys were little I ran a home day care business taking care of other little ones so I could be a stay at home mom. I was also President of the PTA during those years and we rebuilt the library and the playground.

***************************************************
9 Bloggers Who Inspire Me

It was hard to pick just nine blogs that I find inspiring,
because there are so many more I could add to my list!
I think this award is nice because it is a pay it forward award
and helps all of us bloggers find other blogs that are 
flying under the radar or have escaped our attention. 
Check out the blogs that inspire me!
Before you go check out my rooms that I totally redecorated!
I'd love to know what you think!
Click here.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I agree, your blog is very lovely. I am going to visit all nine and check them out.

    How fun to learn all of these things about you, you certainly had amazing experiences growing up in all of these exotic places. I grew up in the country in Wisconsin, but I have had the opportunity to travel to most of them as an adult and the world is sure a wonderful and inspiring place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for receiving your award. How interesting getting to know you a bit better. What an amazing life you have led! Best wishes on pursuing more adventures, Amy!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Congratulations on your award! It was fun to learn more about you. What an interesting life you have led!
    Wow... thanks so much for including me among your list of blogs. I was pleasantly surprised and honored that you would think of me... thank you!
    Have a wonderful day!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm flattered and honored that you chose my blog, Amy. I find you every bit as inspiring and enjoy each visit to your blog. I can't wait for you to show up here in OK in your RV! Makes me smile thinking about it.

    I knew you'd been all over the world with your parents from previous posts but not to all those wonderful places. I agree with the other comments that you have lived an interesting life.

    Have a restful day (although I bet you're working on some project or thinking one up), and again, thank you!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Amy!

    You have been an inspired woman for a very long time. ♥ So many accomplishments...I always enjoy visiting you.

    Happy Day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Amy! I love that you rescue pits, they have such a bad rep, but they don't always deserve it! How cool to see all of those places!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there Amy! Let me just say thank you so much for stopping by my blog because I wouldn't have had a clue that she had added me as an inspiration for at least a few more days. I'd also like to say how happy I am to have you as a follower (I'm following you as well) because your blog is perfections. I especially love your little home sketches in the side bar. Nice touch! Congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy, Congrats on your award. Your blog is so pretty. Enjoy it, you deserve your award. Thanks for stopping by, and have a good week.
    The Swedish Room

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself. I think you are right, we could be long lost sisters because our interests are so similar. I have been looking through your posts and I love your decorating style. The transformation of your living and diningroom areas are beautiful. Such elegant rooms, so full of color and personality.

    I am following you now and I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You grew up in Thailand?! That makes you even cooler. I've always wanted to visit Thailand...it's #1 on my foreign country bucket list.

    And, you're welcome! Thanks for the nice things you said.

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    Thank you so much for including my blog as one of your inspiration blogs!

    I play a competetive game of tennis too!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for thinking of me for your list. I love finding out fun things about the writer.
    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you are amazingly talented, and want to thank you so much for the award and taking the time to think of me! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...