Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Greige Paint and Purple Transferware

The new paint is on the walls in the dining room. 
I am quite happy with the soft neutral color. 
If you are looking for a grey that isn't too icy
 and want more than a taupe color, this may work for you.
I also had two french style pieces that I added to the room.
A bombe style chest that holds all of my linens.
It has a serpentine front and carved details.
There is a crackle finish with antique silver highlights.
Incorporating my purple transferware 
collection proved to be difficult in the past.
I wanted to showcase this collection, 
but I don't want it to dominate the room.
The soft wall color makes this collection work 
beautifully with the other colors in the room,
 which is the french blue on the chairs,
 and the soft pastels in the carpet.
There is balance.
 I am waiting on three pieces
 I ordered from Nancy's Daily Dish! 
Her incredible shop is on my sidebar.
When they arrive this composition will be altered.
I'm even playing around with 
my ugly chandy with crystals and ribbons.
The other piece of furniture I added
 is the french provincial china cabinet 
that I got a long time ago. 
I used to live in a small duplex
 and my bedroom had no closet,
so I bought this at a local antique shop 
and had it painted to match my dresser.
It used to be yellow. 
The interior still has the original paint color.
This cabinet holds oodles of dishes and glassware!
A closeup of the details are below...
It has the silver highlights like the chest.

I have an entire set of old Limoges china in white 
with a lavendar flower and green vine for the border.
It is stored in here along with my other treasures.
The room is coming along but not ready for the final reveal.
I have some more work to do. 
I have to hang up the rest of my purple transferware from Nancy...
play around with my window treatments.....
then I can share my dining room with you!
Only 4 days left for the French Inspired Home book giveaway,
so enter at the top of my sidebar!!
linking to

22 comments:

  1. I love your purple transferware! It's so beautiful and looks great on that bombay chest. I have a china cabinet so similar to yours but I haven't painted it yet! I actually don't have room for mine anywhere but my bedroom right now and it's feeling a bit cramped in there so I'm trying to find a better spot for it. I use mine for my design and gardening books and magazines (it's my book case). That paint finish looks beautiful on it though - really nice job on that paint!

    Can't wait to see your finished room and wonder what you're doing with those windows???

    Michelle
    www.jamiesoninteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it probably goes without saying...but I love the purple transferware...especially that teapot...which I want! ;-)

    Love the greige walls...for some reason I smile every time I say greige in my mind. It is soft and striking at the same time.

    The new pieces of furniture are both gorgeous. I've always liked bombe' chests.

    Your goodies should be there any day. Can't wait to see the whole room reveal!

    Hugs,

    Nancy

    p/s thanks for the sweet mention too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chest and your arrangement of the transferware...can't wait to see your additional pieces. The chest looks gorgeous against your new paint color, I don't think you could have made a better choice. And I am really loving the china cabinet. That has an incredibly beautiful paint finish on it.

    I'm so looking forward to seeing the finished room!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Amy~ The room looks gorgeous!! I love your chest and your cabinet~ and the purple... stunning! Can't wait to see the reveal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,
    Your room looks so pretty and dreamy in the soft gray. The purple transferware is perfect.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new wall color.... and the purple transferware is stunning! Beautiful room :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! Your transferware is divine! A few years ago I thought, as in VERY QUICK thought, I might collect the purple transferware but when I realized it wasn't readily available at TJ Maxx and could be pricey I had to abandon the idea! LOL! Braces, glasses, insurance for teenage drivers that sort of thing prohibited me! (Like you needed to know all that!)
    Anyway, I'm loving the greige. Your dining room is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your purple transferware is just beautiful. Everything looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh la la! I love the color!!! It looks great with your transferware!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love the new color... so soft and romantic. Your purple transferware is just gorgeous. I also think your bombe chest and china cabinet are spectacular... I would love to have those pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must admit grey is starting to grow on me. The more I see it lately I really do admire it. It is the perfect nuetral background! Great job it all looks so lovely. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and romantic. I believe I have a matching piece to your Bombay chest. Mine is a console in our hall. I love the crackled appearance and decorative scallop. Your purple Transferware is lovely. I was just admiring some at Nancy's dish. Oh, I am your newest follower.... Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the new color on the walls and your chest and cabinet are beautiful too!
    The transferware is gorgeous-especially that teapot.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. ~*You have such a beautiful blog! Im your newest follower!! Hugs~ Rachel ;)~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy- Love your purple transferware and the purple crystal! Purple is my favorite color (*maybe* I've said that once before). Hope you guys are having a fabulous weekend and staying warm outside of Beantown!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm now a follower, and I would love that teapot! Just gorgeous. :)

    gillian.layne@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy, that purple transferware is so pretty. I've never seen transferware in purple. I'm loving all the changes you are making to your home. xo, Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think I've ever seen Purple Transferware. It must be very rare. My Mom's mom, in Sweden, had beautiful blue and white dishes. She also put a few pieces on the wall. My mom's sister has the collection now.

    I love the grey walls with the purple. It reminds me of my grey suit with my lavender blouse in the early 80's. It's funny how colors and patterns repeat and go through cyles in interior and fashion design.

    I've been telling my daughter that the clothes have an 80's look now and she doesn't believe me but I tell her oh yeah, well I see dolman sleeves and peplum skirts and more and that is what I wore back then. lol

    I enjoy your blog very much.

    Katharine

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just discoverd your blog after searching for purple french country decor! Your transferware is so pretty, I just started collecting it myself and I can't wait to read more about your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  20. gardengirl63028@yahoo.comNovember 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM

    THe china cabinet looks like a Thomasville "camille". Everything is beautyful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...