Saturday, November 20, 2010

Romantic Style Curtains...


Lauren Ross has cream silk panels hanging from black iron rods.
She has white linen slipcovered furniture, and yet ivory drapes.
I love Lauren's style and recently we have talked decorating
after someone told her about my blog!
How cool is that?
Her home is featured in The French Inspired Home book, 
however this pic came from Cote de Texas.
I find it interesting to see a home that has been styled for
a book or magazine, and then to see it in its regular state.
Back to the subject at hand: curtains!
Romantic Style curtains make me think of
pale pink or white, ruffles, and softness.
Sandy Foster's "Shabby Streamside Cottage",
 the subject of her blog,
 has overflowing lace panels 
for a deconstructed shabby look.
                                These could be tablecloths or lengths of fabric just hung up casually.
This ruffled linen panel has an edging on each ruffle.
Ruffles are popular right now...will they be too trendy?
It does hold appeal, and I can see them in pale pink.
I have enjoyed this blogland picture 
of ruffled panels hung so they 
droop and drape all over the furniture and floor. 
These panels could be simply priscilla style curtains
 like the ones I had in my purple and pink bedroom growing up,
 however not pulled back. 
Country Curtains sells this "Felicity" curtain. 
I think they used to be called "Priscilla".
Take off the tieback and if they are extra long
you will have a similar effect as the photo above.
These are just plain cotton or linen panels hung
from a wooden rod and ring. 
French book cover shot, but kind of plain to me.
These are all the colors of linen that Ballard Designs carry.
I love them all, but am attracted most to blush and mineral.
These beautiful fabrics belong to
 Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic couture line.
Rachell's guest bedroom has simple white panels
 slightly ruched and hung from rings.
My dining room has simple voile panels gathered in the centers.
I like the calmness and simplicity, yet I want something that 
is a custom design...after all it is what I do for a living.
I made these pink silk drapes for a client about 5 years ago.
I always loved them, but I would want
 a silvery pink that Rachell Ashwell has in her bedroom.
Have you seen them?

A softer pink like these..but Rachel's are silvery pink.
I think the silvery pink would be pretty with the gray walls.
I can't deny that I love pink.
Actually these walls look like mine with the white trim.

In the meantime I will be getting ready to do my
300 followers (! ) Giveaway:
Its a decorating book called
Romantic Style
Cicobooks has offered one of my readers this
super romantic style guide.
You will love it!
Look for this next week.
and~
Thanks for reading my blog!


14 comments:

  1. I don't have any curtain panels in my home but was thinking I would like to add a set to the dining room for drama... beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm tottally having a major crush on those curtains in the last photo (before the book)!

    I always opt for white, but am now going to hunt for some soft, pale pink one!

    Love all the photos, so pretty!

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made silk panels for my open floor plan and then decided I didn't like the beautiful windows upstaged, so I took them down! I just can't make up my mind as to what I want.

    I do love all of these photos and the pink you designed for your client is heavenly.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy!!! im your newest follower! I JUST found you today while roaming thru Blogland (im new here)...I LOOOOOOOOOVE your site, it is BEYOND BEAUTIFUL! I love white, tattered, flow-ee, romantic but cant have it with 2 kiddos in the house....I can come here and dream though! I have an interior design business and blog, im doing 14 days of xmas trees and would SOOO love it if you would come visit! I also have a GIVEAWAY

    *ENTER CUSTOM FLORAL Give-Away Here *



    blessings xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this post!That book looks so pretty!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy the less complicated MOOD of these curtain treatments... Today we can really do what we want to our windows and gather a spectacular effect... Your fourth picture down reminds me of the romance of the 20s, can't you picture a flapper lounging with her cigarette stuck into one of those LONG holders??? I Love Your post and observation... Everything here is so bright, Clean, and airy. "It makes me fell as though I can Smell the fresh air"! "Beautiful"!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I have enjoyed your post on curtains. I'm updating our MB and need new curtains, and also have not done curtains in the quest room whick I have already repainted. My ceilings are 14', and both rooms each have 2 windows 96"H. If I did sheers and tied them, would you hang them high, and to the floor or bottom of the window? I have to use my 12' ladder to reach the top of the windows now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with your gorgeous dining room! The table is incredible! Is it made from a window? I also love the chairs, as I adore toile! What a beautiful space you have created:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do have a way with curtains and draperies and I trust your advice. I had the Prisilla curtains in my daughters bedroom {from CC} when she was small and yes, they are long when not tied back.

    I'm still set on the white linen curtains for mt FR... am hoping to get to it all after the holidays.

    Can't wait to put my name in the hat for that book, soon!! ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved all your examples of romantic window treatments! From the ones you've shown my favorite would have to be #4. The ones that drape over the loveseat. Something about those appeals to me! But then again, I like the last ones shown. The pink ones. Very different yet gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the silver pink ones too. They would look perfect in my room and with my new paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these curtains! I really like the ones with all the ruffles!! So pretty, the photos are great inspiration, I have been trying to decide what to do with my window treatments, now I have some great ideas! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just to answer a few questions posed here I would always advise hanging curtains to the floor with few exceptions. Stopping at the sill/apron looks awkward. I bought my wonderful dining room table the second I laid eyes on it because it was so unusual, it looks like a garden gate to me. There are glass inserts over this cutwork underneath that is very pretty. I have two solid leaves that fit in the center to extend the table to 120" long! It was made by Stanley Furniture. My french blue chairs with the toile covers came from Bridget's NH store. She has a blog posted on my sidebar called The Rehab Boutique. I also got my blue mirror from her shop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amy, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower! I really enjoyed this post since I am doing all the drapery in our house currently. So many ideas and I am running out of windows!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...