Thursday, July 12, 2012

Brimfield Visit and a French Bed~

 I managed to squeeze in a one hour visit to Brimfield Fair~
the huge antiques fair held 3 times a year in Massachusetts~
this place is the mecca for all who are looking for that special something! 
You will see lots of great things here~its almost torture for me, 
I want so many things but prices can be retail deluxe.  
If you look hard you can find a good buy, but on opening days like today,
 people are standing firm on prices. 
At the end of this post I will show you my favorite tent~
it was like Maison Decor died and went to heaven kind of tent for me!!
 The reason I went to Brimfield was to say hi to my new Chalk Paint™ friend 
and stockist from New Jersey, Stephanie Kars Granit.  
She and her husband Mark set up a knock out of a tent filled 
with beautiful pieces of both painted and natural furniture along with other goodies. 
 I tried three times to get a good mirror shot~
 It only worked when I lifted the camera up to my face that
 I could center the shot~it was so great to see her! 
She showed me around, and I never got very far, 
there was soooo much to look at!
Here is Stephanie's space~Magnolia Lane Designs
It is located in the section called New England Motel. 
 Isn't that a quaint name?  have you ever stayed in a motel? I mean the real old motels?? 
They still have them around here! Anyway, this is about as big as a tent 
that you will see, many have half the size or smaller for their setups. 
It was sunny and hot hovering around 90 degrees. Last summer 
they had so much rain for the summer session~the fields were underwater!
 One of Stephanie's bedroom sets~beyond gorgeous!!! 
All done in Chalk Paint™! 
 A frenchy china cab with chicken wire~
 (and how about those Barcelona Orange velvet chairs!!)
 She had just hung a pair of chandies from the tent ceiling~
they were porcelain and brass like the one I have!
She had one in Antibes Green~
 And one in Scandanavian Pink~!
Here is mine how I originally found it~I told Stephanie that the chandies 
had ceramic roses instead of crystals hanging from them.
I bought extra pink roses for this chandy from England on Etsy.
And now it has pink roses too! 
More of Stephs shop~ A beautiful card table done in Paris Grey and Old White~
 Stephanie had her team with her, which included this guy~(so shy)~little Mark!
 She is a doll~here is her cabinet done in the latest Annie Sloan™ color, Florence. 
 We walked down the road to see Nancy Chace's booth.
 Nancy is a stockist from Rhode Island and her store is Sea Rose Cottage
The left side of this tent was run by a guy and his wife and 
I couldn't help but admire the zinc topped table in his shop.
 He covered the leaves of the table too! All nailhead trim~it was gorgeous.  
 Here is Nancy with her Annie Sloan™ display~
Nancy is always bubbling with positive energy! 
 As many vendors do here, they buy stuff from other booths 
and sell in their own shops or keep it for themselves, like this 
neat wall hook display piece. Its going home with Nancy~
 Nancy had a wall dedicated to samples and paints for our Annie Sloan line~
 Check out this upholstered top vanity~it was so unusual!
 And on site, Elder is upholstering right in front of everyone!
 They can be contacted Mel&Eldesigns@aol.com. 
 They had this bergere chair done in army mail sacks~see the US insignia?
 Lots of rustic and refined mixed together~like the gilt with the grain sack.
 You can walk miles and never see it all~
rows are all laid out on both sides of the main street.
 Tent after tent with anything and everything...
 Many vendors, like Stephanie, bring bikes to get around on for the week....
 A pair of gates for sale propped up against the owners van~
 Pretty french pieces are found in abundance here!
 I think if I was with Kim and Betsy they would have
 fought over this little stool with the perky Jack Russell on it~
 Something for everyone~dough bowls laying on the lawn,
 grain sacks, galvanized pails and watering cans galore~
 I loved this odd job cabinet in green and blue with gold~
it was so bohemian. There was a big Virgin Mary statue
 inside with fake flowers!!! And right behind it was this~
The french bed I bought to take to the shop for a 
display piece. It has the side rails too~
I was hunting around for a headboard at least to do a shop display. 
I found a stunning one at my favorite frenchy girl tent, 
but, alas,  it was too $$~take a look below.
 The bed is on the right side~it is white metal with small panels 
that have hand painted roses~it was so pretty! I negotiated
 a price and told her I might come back after I checked out the area~
but before I left, I drank in her store.
 She had old floral paintings, hot pink and gold cut velvet on french chairs~ 
(I shuddered when I heard a girl asking how much would it be to recover them).
 There were tole chandies, and florentine dressers and boxes, 
yard long rose paintings and others in oval and square frames.
 I was dying in this booth!!! 
 OMG here is the pretty bed!!
 Look at all the other stuff too~but the bed was a bit pricey...
 Look at this chippy table with her religious displays~
 Here tent was amazing! 
 But when all was said and done, I got this old french iron bed
 for less than half the other~
and now all I have to do is paint it up 
so it looks like it is in my imagination!~
Any guesses?
 Pretty shapes and details to work with~this bed will 
be a feature display for fabrics, bedding and pillows in the shop.
I bought a few other goodies too~not all shown here, 
but some will go into the online shop tomorrow~
www. shopmaisondecor.com.
Another vintage rose hatbox came back with me too~
looks like another  collection has started!


Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. Nancy Chase looks like Nancy Kerrigan (the ice skater) with short hair. Glad you got to go. Do you think you'll set up at Brimfield some time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all that eye candy. I would have to win the lottery before going there. I can't wait to see what you do with that bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be like a kid in a candy store there. How wonderful that you are so close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked like a ton of fun walking around there. I would've wanted an endless cash supply and big trailer available to take home a bunch of great things, if I had gone. It must've been hard to only have an hour to shop there! I love the bed you found. I'm sure it will look great once you fix it up for your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, I feel like I went to the Brimfield Fair with you! What an extravaganza! I would need a U-Haul to bring home all my great finds!
    Some of those painted pieces are just incredible!
    I added you to my blogroll! I don't want to miss a post!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I agree with Yvonne, I would need a U-Haul for all my purchases!! LOVE that gorgeous dresser in Stephanie's tent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great trip to Brimfield. It was so nice to see Nancy's booth. I love her! I went for the first time in May with my mom and I'm going back in September with my hubby and a truck :) Can't wait to see what you do with the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you only spent an hour there!! So glad you got a bed to use, but yes, that other bed was lovely. Yours will be lovelier, however, when all is said and done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, I would need a U-Haul too. My wallet would be worn out.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ALMOSTwent today and was thinking I might see you. But it was too hot :)
    Ps I changed my blog URL so you have to resubscribe if you want to follow...sorry
    Stacy
    pps...going to brimfield sept 4 I think

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness. I've never been to Brimfield, even though it isn't all that far from me. Thanks for all the great photos of so many beautiful things!

    Glad you got the bed!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy...Brimfield looked absolutely marvelous!!...Loved the "tour" ... Sounds like you had such a great time and great finds in just one hour!! Looking forward to the "magic" you will be performing on the bed and your other great finds!...

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG what a post!!!!! Bookmarking this, gotta start saving my money....cannot wait to go and am planning on going in Sept. and know just who to consult (you)! What gorgeous goodies, love the items from Magnolia......you must have had such fun, too much to see in one visit though. I would go bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brimfield is on my bucket list! Have always wanted to go in my dealer days but no one would take the venture with me! YOU scored well and those booths were beautiful. Maybe you could set up an adventure trip to Brimfield with fellow bloggers? That would be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to visit Brimfield someday! I'd probably need a second mortgage before I left though. I love everything you shared, especially your new bed. Hmmm...I wonder what you have planned for it. Stephanie's painted pieces are so beautiful too.

    xo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to visit Brimfield someday! I'd probably need a second mortgage before I left though. I love everything you shared, especially your new bed. Hmmm...I wonder what you have planned for it. Stephanie's painted pieces are so beautiful too.

    xo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have a similar sale in Ontario twice a year and it's fun just to take all the amazing pieces in. It can be pricy to so you have to know your prices.

    Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, Amy....I can see why you were completely dyin' there, girl!!! I CAN NOT believe how many beautiful French items were on display!!! Oh my gosh!!!! I don't think I've ever seen so many luscious treasures all in one place! (can you hear me yelling...? lol!) That bed....oh....that bed! And all of the blingy chandies! I've got to buy a couple for my upstairs landing and 2nd floor hallway. Can hardly wait to see what you new goodies you offer in your shop tomorrow!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. The antique fair looks amazing, we have something similar here in the mid-west. Annie Sloan paint looks like a fun product to stylize furniture with but I think one can go a little overboard with it, don't cha think?

    Imogene

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh...I would have loved to have seen all this. Yes, that last booth looked like you for sure. I actually like the bed you brought home better than the iron bed. So I think it worked out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for this Brimfield post. I attend in May and September, but just can't stand the heat of July. Still, I'm always wishing I could! I remember all these booths from New England Motel field, as I, too, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for this Brimfield post. I attend in May and September, but just can't stand the heat of July. Still, I'm always wishing I could! I remember all these booths from New England Motel field, as I, too, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Amy,

    I made this long comment about your visit to Brimfields, and it was so eloquent... and then blogger said i wasn't logged in and lost my freakin comment! Anyway, i think you should do the bed in some of those beautiful Annie Sloan Grays and Cream like your friend Stephanie. That dresser she painted, omg... and the china cabinet in the gray with all the silver is gorgeous! Anyway i've seen a bed like that done in gray paired with my favorite faded blue, gray and cream toile on it, i have a pillow done in it but can't think of the name, anyway it would make you die, it's so heavenly.
    The lady's shop with all the frenchy stuff, is insane, i would have been so ADHD if i had been there. Thanks for the tour, i saw about a hundred things i would have been grabbing if i were there, and well, could afford them...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's called Bosporus!

    http://warehousefabricsinc.com/toile-fabric.html

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Holy cow! That last booth is totally OUT OF THIS WORLD! It's not nice to be greedy, but I want it all...that chair is fab!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now we all understand why you wanted to go. We all do. I was hooked from the first picture with the bombay chest that stole my heart. I could spend a small fortune there and never regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so jealous! All that eye candy!!! The bed you got is going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...