Wednesday, July 25, 2012

French poem lilac dresser~

 This old dresser got a romantic frenchy makeover~
A paint job in Paloma Chalk Paint®, followed by a stenciled french poem,
 some Paris Grey dry brushing, a little distressing and finally a wax job.
If you see dressers like this dark beast, you imagine the possibilities (endless)
when you look over your Chalk Paint® color chart and decide what color is best.
 I am on a Paloma kick right now~I used it in my last 
workshop and I was inspired to use it on this piece.
 Here is the plain Paloma base coat.  Sadly you can see that
 there were spots of bleeding on the top of the 
dresser if you look closely...so I had to cover it with 
Zinsser Clear Shellac and repaint the top.
 Then I stenciled the french poem across the top and the drawers as well~
 With a lot of my pieces I like to add depth by
 dry brushing another color over the first steps
before I am ready to distress or finish it with wax. I used 
Paris Grey here....the Paloma and Paris are gorgeous together!
 Ooh la la~
 Its all ready to go to someone's guest cottage or daughter's bedroom~
 In the meantime a couple of pieces were dropped off for custom jobs~
these two Ethan Allen tables had seen better days.  The customer
picked out Provence! I have never used the provence except in workshops
and it might just be my new favorite color!!! 
Colin and I are working on these pieces and they will be going home 
at the end of the week and will be in a room with chocolate brown sofas.
Can't you just imagine how perfect they will look?

To Purchase Poem Stencil 
or 
Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan 
please visit us at 150 Main Street, Reading, MA 01867
or shop online at 




Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. I love to paint French words on my furniture..this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chocolate couch will look gorgeous with the Provence tables! I hope they share a photo when they are in place! The dresser color is beautiful, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dresser, Amy! How soft and romantic the script poem is on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy
    I am so thrilled for your new shop how exciting You are on fire girlfriend
    Proud of you
    xxoo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the script dresser. I have not used that color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the subtle words on the dresser. Looks like a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, you totally transformed that big dark beast into a charming dresser! Lovin that french script, what a great idea. Those little side tables have so much personality now too.. Great color! I have two dark wood side tables... you're giving me ideas!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing transformation, I am always amazed at how much paint can change a piece of furniture. You are inspiring me to paint my daughters old dresser, which is dark wood. You make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love the color and what a great idea to stencil a poem on the dresser. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that lilacy chalk paint color--I don't remember seeing that one used before. I really like it! The stenciling looks really good on it. That is a great stencil--it looked great on your wall and now this. Very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a wonderful change! Just about any color but that awful dark brown it was before would be a magnificent improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, die kommode mit dem spiegel ist wunderschön geworden, der schriftzug passt einfach super auf die kommode. das hast du superschön gemacht.

    liebe grüße

    brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dresser is soooo pretty! Love Paloma!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful and romantice! Love th color and the poem writing.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing...love the color and the French writing is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Swoon!! The Paloma is so soft and feminine, it really makes that big dresser more delicate.

    The Provence tables are gorgeous too. I would love to try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Amy!
    Love the dresser, you are so creative. I love to see how you are growing since I first started following your blog last fall. I wish I lived closer, I would really love the dresser, Maybe I should try to find one similar and attempt to paint it similar for myself (if you don't mind) I know you used the stencil in your store. I will look back to see which stencil it is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Amy, much success on your newer store, how very exciting!!
    Love what you did with the dresser, can you tell me where to find a stencil like the one you used?
    Thanks
    Still working on my vacation plan.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great Amy! So happy for you to be doing what you love so much all day!Thinking of you and wishing the best with the new store.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore how your mind works, Amy! :) The poem on that pretty lavender dresser is just PERFECT!!! Where can I find a stencil like that? Love it!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. A little French touch just takes anything to that next level. Love the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The dresser turned out very pretty, Amy.
    I love the French lettering on it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amy, this is just gorgeous!!! You have certainly been on a creative roll. All the furniture treatments have been amazing and this piece is no exception. I can't wait to see the room with this fabulous statement piece in it.
    Please link it to WIW, we'd love to show it there.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am in love with that "scripted" dresser...So beautiful Amy!!....Looks like you are truly enjoying your beautiful shop...When reading your posts, I can truly feel your joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these,I bet your shop is busy.
    Living in Australia,it would be a little difficult for me to visit,but I have enjoyed my visit to your blog,from Ivy and Elephants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Amy,
    Thanks so much for linking this piece with us at WIW. You were featured again this week! Please stop by and grab a featured button and link up your newest creation, too.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...