Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Company C and Me

On vacation in New Hampshire,
my girl friend Judy,
 took me to some of her favorite shops
 in Concord, the capital of NH.
First stop was Company C.
It has three stores located
in Portland ME, Hingham MA, & Concord NH.
This store blew me away!
An explosion of colors in the pillow department
I found a lilac rug on sale in this pile for my purple dining room!
It looks like lace. Pattern name is Cluny.
It is 80% wool 20% cotton
It hung in the Maine store window and was faded.
Original price $1960. I paid $125. Yippee.
It makes the room, I think.
Company C even tweeted me that they
thought it looked great after they read my post.
Phew, glad they agree!
I also bought this rug for my Boston living room.
I plan on redecorating in pinks and aquas.
Look for this project in a future post coming soon!
some of the other pretty patterns in aqua....
Isn't this ottoman upholstered in carpet phenomenal?
This fabric is from their Bermuda Collection.
I am going to try this out someday on an old ottoman...
Company C has a rug on the cover of
Flea Market Style this month too!
Matthew Mead, FMS editor makes
appearances at their store to discuss decorating.
They have lovely painted pieces in fresh colors.
So inspirational.
This grouping is from the Bermuda collection.
The beds are yellow,
but these pics were taken with my iphone,
so the color far away didn't translate well.
They do a nice job of using rustic vintage finishes as well.
These old garage doors are in a lovely washed out celery color.

My advice to you all if you want a jolt of color
in a fresh updated way:
visit Company C
online or at one of their stores.
You'll be glad you did!

10 comments:

  1. That ottoman is gorgeous. You asked about the illustration on my blog and it was done by pve design. Your illustrations are very pretty.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ottoman is simply gorgeous... Loved the purple dining room as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous rugs! And you got a real deal!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a deal on the rug!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy, just love the rug you bought, it matches your dining room perfectly and what a bargain too! I am drooling over your green dresser, I am on the look out for one to replace the sideboard in my dining room as I need something more practical to store my everyday china and was thinking of painting it green aswell! Thanks for visiting me the other day and yes I did read your post on your pink house and all your other houses too! I love what you did to them all. But the pink one is my favorite...! take care, Maryann ps I'm following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is sooo pretty. What a shopping trip Ü Your rug is great and looks beautiful in your dining room. Fun color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your rug! It's perfect, Amy! Yeehaw for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Company C, and I'm glad to have found your blog! Fun stuff!!
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, both of your rugs are DIVINE... well done! Please post a pic when you place the second rug. I wish there was a Company C store closer to Kansas City, MO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that Company C store... wish I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...