Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rustique, A Cottage Furniture Shop

I have been spending summers in 
New Hampshire for the past four years.
Friend Judy told me to check out Rustique. 
This shop is vintage, frenchy, and shabby all rolled into one!
 I was surprised to find a cute little store that had such things
 mixed in along with the serious antique shops
 that stretch along Route 4 known as Antique Alley. 
Cottage Style Furniture. The Rehab Boutique. 
Fabulous lake cabin furniture, 
old shutters and windows,
 iron beds, buckets and more 
welcome you at the front door.
What I loved was the older furniture in pretty pastel shades 
of  the palest pinks blues and greens.
I bought a bookcase in pale blue for my office
 and tea cup shelf for my dining room in NH.
Vintage blue and creamy pink dressers
 Rustique is owned by Bridget and her mom, Debbie.
"My mom and I opened "Rustique"
three years ago as an antique shop.
Gradually I realized that some furniture
 may look better painted and distressed.
 Mom reluctantly followed, but soon realized she too
liked the "Shabby Chic" look.
 We were hooked!
Debbie and Bridget replacing a glass pane
 in this green hutch filled with hobnail glass.
"I have always taken great pride in
furnishing my surroundings with unique items.
Being short on cash, I had to be thrifty and
learned to see the potential in other folks
discarded pieces or hand-me downs."
Charming iron cottage bed.
Stacks of pretty china on the softest pink table
An art deco makeup table with glass knobs
A celery green dresser
Small tables are littered with vintage housewares
I came back to buy the watering can but it was sold. :-(
You can poke around here for hours if you love the shabby style
Frenchy mirror dresses up a distressed door
A vintage kitchen set in chrome yellow.
Bridget does a lot of mosaic work in the shop. 
She said, "I also like to"re-purpose" items;
 tea cups as bird feeders,
broken plates used in my mosaic pieces,
old shutters used as cabinet doors, etc.
 This is my passion. Recycle, reuse, recreate."
She's putting this new mosaic card table onto the floor.
Hard to find king sized 
baby blue chenille spread.
A bargain at $65!
Assorted hankies and linens 
on a ballet pink end table
A cabinet filled with bubble glass dish ware in pale blue.
Bridget also wears the hat of a graphic designer. 
As so many of us moms know, 
the main reason we do what we do 
is to support and care for the ones we love.
 Bridget's niece and little boy,
Sydney and Sullivan.
Rusty old wheels, and assorted vintage hardware,
 on top of the most luscious hooked rug.

Be looking for her blog 
and Estsy store to come.
Rustique! 
Welcome to blogland!

If you see anything you like, email Bridget:
rustique@mac.com


linking to
Funky Junk Interiors SNS 





12 comments:

  1. What fun, Amy! Thanks for the visit to Rustique! The yellow kitchen table and chairs bring back memories of our yellow table set when I was a child. So glad you stopped by, and I look forward to exploring your blog and getting to know you!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shops like this where you can find pieces that you know you won't see in the homes of anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your comment on Colour Me Happy and thought I would pop over and check out your blog. Your living room project sounds very similar to one I am working on for a client. We have chosen a similar color palette. More french blue than aqua maybe, but otherwise sounds the same. I haven't posted anything about it yet, but hope to next week. I'm going to follow you as well to be inspired by your room. Have a nice weekend. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mosaic pieces and that yellow table brought back memories for me as well.
    Anyway what a great looking shop, I will definitely add that to my must checkit out list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun place to shop! I see quite a few things that I would love to take home with me. If only they weren't so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a really fun store!!
    The rusty stuff at the end reminded me I had more cool stuff in the garage I forgot about.
    Well, maybe Donna will do a rusty night again. =)

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what amazing items, I would love to hunt around in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want that blue chenille King spread- what a find! Loved shopping here with you vicariously - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome items collection, like your blog, i would like to take some nice items for my home because these all items are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love shops like this where you can find pieces that you know you won't see in the homes of anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a great store! I love places like this, they are full of hidden treasures.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...