Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Swedish Frenchy Color Palette

Have you been singing the blues?


I find myself gravitating towards the 
scandanavian color palette lately. 
Never been fond of blues, really. 
Now they are quickly becoming a favorite.
Simple Swedish design.
French influence with white and aqua blue.
This color has me wrapped around it's finger of late.
A bit grand: more French than Swedish.
Turquoise with gold is a very current combination.
 Classic swedish grey paint with
        French toile and chicken wire detailing
French all the way
An inspired island color 
European styling in creamy yellow and white
Greige painted cabinet~so lovely
The Gustavian look again~
 and a bit of farmhouse 

This lighter color palette of whites, greys, 
creams,and soft blues have stood
 the test of time for good reason.
Its a classic look with universal appeal.


8 comments:

  1. I've never been a big fan of blues in decorating either, but it's my favorite color to wear. However, I am LOVING blue now in the home and wondered why I haven't used it sooner! I just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look, but that is looking at it, not decorating like it. I think people that decorate like this do it beautifully and courageously. With a jowly boxer that likes to feel things with his face, I couldn't do it. I personally am more of an English country with farmhouse feel(it is more forgiving of the boxer!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of blue for much more than a little boy's room and now I can't get enough of it! I just did my bedroom in a nautical style blue and white. I love it and I love all of these images!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving these aqua blues and soft palettes. That chandelier in the third from bottom pic leaves my mouth dropping on my keyboard. I love the island in the kitchen to! These are all so fresh, clean and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this look lately. I'm not too much for true blue but I love that faded gray blue color sooo much. -c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get enough of this color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful inspiration photos. Gorgeous eye candy. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! We love this! Great photos on the Swedish Decorating Style! What an awesome post! Thanks for sharing these awesome design photos! We love them! For more Swedish Design ideas check out Swedish Dekor at www.swedishdekor.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...