Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chandeliers are a girl's best friend


The grand scale feels right at home in this commanding entryway. It calls attention to the painted ceiling!

Lets face it, women love chandeliers and men don't. Perhaps most don't understand how much ambience a room gains when it has the right chandelier. They set the tone. They become the story. The chandelier is the most important accessory a room can have.



Yummy

This room above is so inviting to me with the chandelier hanging extra low over the coffee table! Not a dining table--a coffee table!


A beach cottage deserves a chandelier too, this one encrusted in little shells.


My favorite of all time, this pearl laden chandelier is so feminine and elegant.



I could soak all day looking up at this beauty! Notice the round crystal drops on the ends of the trailing crystal strands.


 
This chandelier has been around for a long time.
I remember back when my girlfriend bought it at Ethan Allen about 15 years ago....it is still lovely.


How about some Bohemian style lanterns..I guess they could classify as a chandelier..Annette Tatum would love these I bet!



We end with the classic crystal chandelier over a round dining room table.

My husband is in the process of hanging my crystal chandelier that
I bought at an auction 20 years ago in my office.
I changed out some of the clear crystals for pink ones that I bought on Ebay.
I can't wait to show you all!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it. They really do make a room so much more elegant and FUN!

    http://www.shopsarahmac.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...