Friday, January 7, 2011

Dressing Table and Bath Progress

My vanity table skirt is finished!
On the spur of the moment I thought it would be
pretty to have a petticoat sticking out from under the skirt.
The body of the skirt is a mist colored fabric
 with embroidered silver polka dots
a beige trim that has ribbon and glass florettes
Sewing it together was a challenge...tulle isn't cooperative.
New found respect for tutu makers.
Pencil pleated heading will attach the skirt to the wood platform.
I still have to get a finished top,
and am deciding if it should be glass or marble.
I am working on window treatments...
I want to bring in the soft misty blue color to balance the beige tones.
 All the walls are shaker beige by Ben Moore and coordinate
with the tile floor. The trim is white dove.
Sneak a little peak while soaking in the tub...
Some furniture is going...other stuff is coming.
This bathroom has a difficult layout. 
The window is not centered over the tub.
There is a paneled access door along one wall...
Ermmm...excuse the mess.
This was the room last week.
You can see how much softer the palette is by changing
out just the rug and adding the curtain panel.
The curtain panel is a dummy right now, 
I just hung it up to see how I like it.
 The rug here is the one I bought for the living room~
it ended up in here, but it still is too strong for my taste.
Although I like the aqua, I wanted a softer look, 
so the rug is no longer.
A lot of christmas boxes ended up in our 
extra large bathroom and tub before we stashed it away.
One hour later I had the wicker chair out,
 and I put a bookcase in front of the wierd door...
It works pretty good as camo for a less than ideal situation.
I think there will be touches of pink coming in here too.
The wicker stool is ballet pink.
I am going to be changing out the light fixtures soon.
Look what will be coming in the mail next week:
A pair of these white iron and crystal mini-chandys.
I will hang them over each sink at the console.
The cap will be on the angled wall and the chain will
swoop up higher and the chandys will dangle over each sink!
This will create the shabby chic look I want in here.
This is the closest image I could find.
Isn't this heavenly? The layout is a bit awkward too,
with only one window, they balanced it off by using a mirror.
I would love to replace my counter top with marble too.
I do plan to paint the cabinets white...they are maple.
 This is the during of the making of the vanity in the awkward alcove.
Mr. Maison Decor hard at work pleasing his Mrs.
So that is the update from here.
Already an improvement, but miles to go.
I'll be working all day on this project...
and lovin' every minute!
linking to 
Feather Nest Friday
and 
My Romantic Home 
and
Freckled Laundry's Air Your Laundry


24 comments:

  1. it is looking wonderful....can't wait to see it all finished.
    hugs,
    penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amy...this is beyond what I imagined. The skirt is just spectacular! You definitely had a vision! I love the chandys you picked out, very elegant and goes with your 'style' so well. I am looking forward to seeing more!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, The skirt is great! Even prettier than I expected it to be, and of course I knew it would be lovely! ;-) I love the polka dots and I bet that would be difficult to sew.

    I'm excited to see it all come together.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skirt is absolutely luscious!!! Your DH is such a sweetie for building this for you. The chandys will be awesome! Can't wait to see them hanging. Can I come over and borrow your bathroom for a soak? Candles, wine, good book, bubbles,and some soft music! I am in heaven just thinking about it. Our bathrooms are so small and I dream of having a bathroom this big one day (its on the dream wish list to add on to our MBR)! Thanks for the inspiration and a peek into your gorgeous and dreamy room! Post more pics as you progress...Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl I am so jealous :) Everything is looking fabulous! I can't wait to see the final reveal. That tub would definitely get alot of use at this house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!
    It is so beautyfull here...you have got a lovely blog!
    Lots of greetings
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweet skirt is just plain "yummy"! I love everything you have done so far...Thanks for sharing! Cathy aka GGJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful blog. I may do a post with closer views of the cabinets. I'm your latest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back (if you haven't already). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vanity skirt is lovely. I love tulle. It adds such a nice feminine and romantic look. Your bathroom is a nice large size and that tub is fabulous. What a wonderful place that will be to relax with candles and soft music and lots of bubbles. You are doing a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Amy, your bathroom is so elegant looking. I love all the roof angles and that little alcove is just perfect for your vanity area.
    The fabric you chose and the trim is 2die4! You crack me up with the comment about the tutu makers! LOL.

    You are doing such a beautiful job and it's showing.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the skirt. I hate gathering things....the thread always breaks and you have to start over. I used to do doll clothes and didn't mind to gather on those...because they were small...but big projects? ugh...

    The room is going to be lovely. Lots of hard work...but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Amy, I can't wait to see the final reveal! Everything is beautiful...love the skirt and chandys. This will be a fabulous bathroom.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh.... this is gonna be good. it's so clever to do the two chandeliers... and i don't know if you're gonna use it, but i really like the little pink upholstered stool... the color looks really pretty with everything so far... it comes across online as a soft champagne pink. and... i love the little mirror you propped up on the back of the tub...

    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great, and a great way to start 2011 off!
    Happy New Year!
    Xo,
    E&J

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy, it's looking good. Love the vanity skirt. Nice chandeliers coming. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job Amy! And what a fun project to be working on! The vanity is going to be wonderful and I really like the difference the bookcase made covering the door. You did a lot in that 'one hour later' !!! I just chose Shaker Beige for a house today - great color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a wonderful job on your little skirt! Your bathroom is so lovely! I love your tub in the middle of the floor like that! I can't wait to see it all finished!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is gorgeous! So inspiring I am posting your link on my facebook page! Great job!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amy, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such nice comments:) What a beautiful bathroom! I love, love, love your vanity skirt with the petticoat! The two chandeliers are the perfect finishing touches to a gorgeous space.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there Amy~ this is going to be an amazing space! I love the soaking tub and the chandys will be so gorgeous! Your dressing table is looking darling already-(what a sweet Mr. Maison to put that in for you) Love the skirt- I cannot wait to see the finished room!! Thanks so much for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday this week! :) Hugs, Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Amy, I love your bathroom and how the bath sits in the middle of the room as opposed to being pushed up against the wall. The skirt you made looks so pretty and I think marble or glass top would look great even though if I had glass I would tend to add a layer of fabric or pretty paper underneath to have a different look every now and then. I just love the mini chandys too.. could I ask where you got them from? I have been after some mini chandys for my home but haven't been able to find the right sized ones. I can't wait to see the finished result.. I'm sure I'm gonna luv it!! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the skirt and trim and the tulle is a nice touch! I love the mini chandys you chose. Hey, I thought you were working on your bedroom?? Can't wait to see everything finished!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE the skirt and the petticoat, Amy. Great use of that dormer space altogether! Cant' wait to see those chandies. Thank you for linking with air your laundry Friday, friend!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw this post on Freckled Laundry and had to come back and take a look! Somehow I missed this. I LOVE the skirt. That trim is gorgeous. (And I know what you mean about the tulle!) You are going to have one very special bathroom, Amy! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...