Sunday, January 30, 2011

Valentine Banners and Shabby Chic Fabric





 This heart banner was inspired by a banner I saw at Cindy's Romantic Home.
Mine are kind of the easy short cut to her version, but pretty none-the-less.
 Scrapbook paper in pastels cut out into hearts with a 
Martha Stewart scalloped edge cutter gizmo.
 Threaded with sheer gold ribbon through two holes on each side of the hearts
What a simple project for a romantic look for the holiday
By the way,
I am testing out this Shabby Chic fabric I bought for my master bedroom 
makeover project, but I think I will use it downstairs.
I love this fabric! 
It is a lightly glazed cotton chintz with clusters of pink roses and taupe leaves.
I really like it with the grey walls and blue chairs.
Not sure where this old fashioned fabric will go yet.
I had so much fun making this sweet little banner, I made some others.
One for my mantel in the living room in all the same pattern of pinks and pale reds.
These hearts are a smaller version of the one in the dining room.
It makes me smile.
One for my kitchen window in blues and soft browns. 
A simple banner that says Happy Valentine's Day!
Now go over and check out where my inspiration came from
Isn't it lovely?
linking to

12 comments:

  1. Simple and sweet. Love it, Amy!

    (You're window shots turned out pretty good, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, Amy. I love your fabric, too. I know you are going to do something fabulous with it!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all is so adorable...very pretty...love that fabric.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, love the banner's they are so pretty. I also love the rose fabric where did you get the fabric I would love to buy some too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That banner is really pretty. So is the tablecloth & roses.....oh, sigh! great romantic room! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet. I was thinking I might make one too. I made one with heart ornaments but might do another. I love the scrap book papers. Love that fabric too. Yes, it looks good downstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy,
    I love your banners. The fabric is wonderful, it looks so shabby chic!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw Cindy's and your's is a great easy take on the original. Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The banners are cute. Where did you get the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fabric is perfect! All the colors go together so well, the wall color, mirror, sweet!! So nice to see you and Mr. Maison yesterday, thanks for all my goodies, I'm trying out the drapes today!! The banner is a nice simple way to decorate for Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. when's the party ... I'll bring the cupcakes


    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. The banners are adorable and I love the fresh cut roses and floral tablecloth. Simple decorating yet very pretty.

    Sure Fit Slipcovers

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...