Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dressing Table Designs

source: country living
While I am doing the master bedroom over and hubs is making my window seat
I asked him to build me a dressing table under the window.
Looking for skirted inspirations I searched the web...
Isn't this sweet makeup table divine?
Another skirted table in yellow striped silk 
I would have hung a huge ornate mirror over the table instead of the floral painting.
This pleated skirt is attached to an existing table.
Mine will have a platform top built into a recessed area inside a dormer,
so it will need a pretty skirt.
My vanity will most likely resemble this one, but the fabric will be quite different.
A straight top, with old crystal lights in the corners, and a pretty floor length skirt.
I have silver accessories to give it some old world glamour.
 This table has a mirrored backdrop, however mine will be set under a window.
As Barbra Streisand says, it is a must to do makeup
 in natural light if you want to look natural!
Did you notice the mink stool? Tres chic!
This ruched skirt has tiers of ruffles.
I find it looks kind of dark for a makeup area.
This skirt is made out of a cotton lace hung from a marble top~ so french!
So stay tuned for my bathroom dressing table.
I am getting close to finishing my bedroom too, and can't wait to share!
Keeping it pretty.....


sources for all other photos: google images

19 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a pretty dressing table like one of these...can't wait to see what you do!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you research all your projects! Your vanity is going to be so pretty. My seat needs to be recovered and I am trying to give my bedroom a more 'rustic/shabby' feel, so I may do it in dropcloth fabric that I have tons of. It's an easy project and with all the powder my girls get on it, I'll probably be doing it often!

    Can't wait to see what you do!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy!
    I cannot wait to see what you come up with!
    I am making one for my booth out of a gorgeous prom dress for the skirt. The base is just one of those wooden kidney shape tables.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the room, Amy, and complete with a dressing table- how fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, that first picture is so pretty, i wonder what that wall paint color is??? and i love the the one with the mink stool, maybe it's all the mirrors, i like the mirrored top... you make me want that Barbara Streisand book!

    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A skirted dressing table is so YOU! I know it's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Barbara book arrived about five minutes ago and i am oohhhiinngg and ahhhhiinggggg thank you so much for posting it,i would not have it in my hands now if you had not posted...oh my so many beautiful inspiring ideas for my beach cottage,especially the garden,
    Have a wonderful day!
    Love Kristina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly found inspiring pictures. Anxious to see what you create! Love the look in the first photo in front of the window. Happy New Year. Carrell

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm imagining your creation to be just as wonderful as these... I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You gave me such wonderful ideas...thanks....hugs, Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog and i love it. I have always wanted a vanity table with all the girly things on top. Can't wait to see yours. Love your drape portfolio and am now following you.
    CareyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of those table, oh to have the space again for a makeup table :) This is where downsizing has become an issue? I miss my walk in closet and huge master bathroom. Maybe we will add-on once we get settled.
    I can't wait to see your reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the first one is my favorite, can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amy,
    Thank you so much for your beautiful visit to my place and kind words that warmed my heart!

    love your beauty over here.
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  15. wanted to let you know that thanks to Kristin at "My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia" my first ever link party for Cottage Flora Thursday's is up & running! Inviting you to come over & link a cottage garden post you may have & please advertise "Cottage Flora Thursday's" on your post that you link....& if your not already a follower - please follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. number four just about sends me to the moon and back!!!

    swooning over here in he midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is something so romantic about a dressing table! I actually have one coming my way in a few days! Dear mother-in-law is giving it to me and I am so excited to fix it up for my step-daughters bedroom! Your glamorous pics have given me some needed inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very lovely! The thing about dressing up a table like this is that it could be a not-so-pretty table underneath! I've got this linked to my accent tables post too today, for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...