Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Trees New and Old

1993 Christmas Tree
I found this picture of my dining room in my 
Victorian house I used to live in.
We had two trees~one in the foyer and one in the dining room.
My house was on a Christmas House tour this year and so 
the dining room was decorated to the hilt for the holidays.
What a great blogging post this would have been.
I"ll have to look for other pictures from this day.
I even decorated the little conservatory 
to appear as it had snowed indoors.
It was very charming.
2010 Christmas Decorating
17 years later and I still love to decorate for Christmas.
Tobey waits outside for me to put up the door swag and lights.
He is quite a helper.
You can see our little tree still in the webbing wrap.
My hubs figured we needed a small tree this year.
Its pretty small. We started laughing at how small it was.
So he came up with the idea of putting it on a box.
I threw an embroidered white table cloth around it.
My MIL watches while Scott and I decorate.
Scott made all the paper snowballs too.
I have to think of a clever idea of how to use them.
It is not finished yet because it was a school night.
We decided this year we wouldn't 
put any dark or loud colored 
ornaments on the tree. 
Pink, blue, and vintage balls mix with icicles.
Its soft and pretty...
and small!
This little pile of small old ornaments is waiting to go 
on the Martha Stewart Feather Tree
I bought on Ebay.
I added some of my pink vintage balls in a centerpiece 
in the dining room.
Its mostly white, silver and pale blue in here,
so the pink looks just right.
Little accents are coming together and
I hope to be done early this week.
I had to rearrange all the furniture to get
my tree to fit since the piano is in our tree corner.
Do you always have to move things around
for your Christmas tree?


18 comments:

  1. Amy, as usual, it is perfect! So soft on the eyes. The answer to your question is YES - I have to not only move things around but physically move furniture out of the room (and into the attic) to make room for the tree. My piano happens to be in my tree corner right now too, so we still have not picked up our tree. We'll figure it out!

    Michelle
    www.jamiesoninteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful. I love your use of the soft colors. Yes, I do have to move furniture, just a small room, so something has to give. lol Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the small tree! It looks very cute and I, too, am hoping to stay with softer colors, but I know once I start unpacking all my favorites, it will be all over!

    We have a chair in the corner we will have to move...hubby's favorite. Not sure what he is going to do without it!! lol!

    Have a great week!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is adorable... and i love the tree, of course, i don't what you'd do without Tobey's input and supervision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is all looking great! I love the last picture.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I love the first pic of your old dining room. Wow, that's beautiful!

    This year I am not sure I am putting a big tree up. I had a skinny 6' one that I have been borrowing (for four years) from my sister and she took it back. Bummer! I decorated it last year with red transferware and it was my favorite tree ever. I was so looking forward to showing it off, not that I blog. Guess that won't happen this year. Hopefully I'll find one on sale after Christmas.

    I may put one about the size of yours up on a table or the box is a great idea too. I almost always use a pretty tablecloth rather than a tree skirt under my tree.

    All the pinks and blues in the ornaments on your dining table are so pretty.

    Have a great week Amy!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I love your tree! The colors you used are just beautiful! I wish I had a collecion of the old pink, blue and silver ornaments like yours!
    Sometimes, I think I would love to really take a different direction with my Christmas decor but it's just so cost prohibitive!
    Your tree perfectly suits you and the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks beautiful. I did paler colors this year also. It looks like I missed your giveaway. So sorry for that! Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...you know I am loving your tree...your ornaments are similar to mine. That "Winter Frolic" banner will look perfect in your dining room. I just gave you the Stylish Blogger Award. Go to my blog to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that same silver, white, pink, and yellow striped vintage bulb! It's my only vintage one, and my very favorite. Beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the white, just beautiful...so Winter Wonderland, shabby chic. The tree is beautyiful. Come visit my blog and I'm so glad I found you for good ideas.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning, Amy! Love the colors! Soft and joyous.

    My place is so small, I have to move things around for a sneeze! ha!

    Your decor is (as always) lovely and inspiring. I'm looking forward to the grand finale!

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amy! Thank you so much for the follow. I'm following you right back. You beat me to the punch. Love your style. Your decor is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy, I almost forgot to let you know that I changed the name of my blog from Michelle Jamieson Interiors to "New England Style". I will post about it later today but wanted you to know it was still ME ;)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your room looks beautiful and I love the color palette you chose for your ornaments. Oh, my, gosh, your "old" dining room is breathtaking. Hope you find some more pictures!

    Lori

    P.S. HOW cute is Tobey?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the size is just perfect! I love the little wreaths, one over the mantle and one over that mirror, nice touch! You put the bookcase in the dining room, it looks great! I love your vintage ornaments and I can't wait to see the new feather tree you bought on ebay!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all I have to say how cute Tobey is... what a darling little face! Your home is just gorgeous, I love all the whites... and your tree is so pretty and love the center piece that you added the Christmas ornament too, just stunning! I found your blog via Laurie Anna's Vintage Home, and I just love it and now I'm your newest follower! Hope your having a wonderful and blessed Christmas~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...