Monday, June 4, 2012

Betsy Returns and makes more gorgeous in the store!

Betsy Speert came back~it was Monday, the day I 
am normally closed....but right away I had two customers 
call to see if I could open for them~I told them come on down...
they needed their Annie Sloan™ supplies!  So while Betsy
 was busy at work I was able to make a few sales in 
between making the store even more elegant than I thought possible!
 Lisa came back for her second visit to Maison Decor~
this time to get some Graphite Chalk Paint™ and wax, 
and while she was looking around she bought 3 
of my wire industrial lights for over her kitchen sink windows! 
They are made to look rusted and old, but are brand new~
you can see her laughing at something Betsy was saying~
 Wire Pendants~ $44.95
 Betsy did her thing styling and making pretty and I was loving it!
 She was up on ladders, banging nails, arranging 
pictures and accessories~a tour de force!
She was the name in window treatments for the last two decades!! 
 We both loved how the curtain panels looked hanging 
over the french settee~and do you want to know
who was taking our picture as we discussed the draperies?
 Say cheese!!!
 It was my little sister Ellen, who popped
 in for a visit while we were working on the shop.
I had her pose next to the french chairs I started working on...I
 custom mixed a Tiffany blue color
and I will be adding silver leaf~I loved how this chair 
looked! Betsy loved them too, and wanted to buy a pair, 
leaving me with a pair...she took one home on loan to see if it will work.
 We wanted to hang the Angel Wings in a better location 
as they really are fabulous~! Betsy gasped 
as I pounded the wall with the nails and hammer...haha! 
 I won't mention I had to do it twice....its hard to 
hang things in a straight line when you eyeball it!!
Betsy had the idea to create a little enclosed area on the
 right side of the shop because when you look in the window 
all you see is straight back to the store where I have my 
workshop and painting area and it ain't pretty.  Betsy
 turned the white side by side antique desk/bookcase so it 
created a focal point where the eye would land~instead of the back wall.
 This is the side by side I am working on now too~it is in Pure White Chalk Paint™.
And there it is at the end of the space she created....
 I love how the store is looking~really pretty and well laid out.
Betsy said it looks like #!$#* Anthro meets *&##$ Ballards Designs!
And it kinda does...!
Had to catch Betsy  with her camera~getting her blogging material. See the blue chair?
It just has the first coat of custom paint...a lot more is going to happen so stay tuned.
Here are a few shots from around the store~
A set of  antique kitchen canisters I just got at auction 
look pretty all stacked up by the armoire~ 



 I happen to love botanicals~
Ok~thats it!! I worked a full day on my day off, and loved 
every minute. It was truly fulfilling to get all this accomplished
 with Betsy Speert's talent and help. I will be back in the 
morning to finish cleaning off my desk  and getting back to business!! 
Thanks Bets!!
linking to 
Mod Mix Monday at Nitas


Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. Betsy is one talented gal. Sometimes it just takes a fresh eye and perspective to pull it all together. I'm lovin' that amazing cupboard. such a statement piece. your paint looks perfect there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shop looks better than I've ever seen it! You and Betsy did a great job together. I'm sure it won't be long before your shop will be featured in the back of Romantic Homes magazine one day now. Sure do wish I could shop there in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shop is so amazing!! I want to come and shop. I guess I would have to drive a U-Haul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Betsy's design style. How wonderful that she is your friend and came and help you set up your shop. It looks amazing!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK....
    I'm back home, sipping a cup of decaf tea (recovering from all the diet coke I sucked own) and leaning back on a nice soothing heating pad.....reading your blog and savoring all THE FUN we had today.
    I'm old, I'm tired...but I'll bounce back for this Sunday's chalk paint workshop!
    Thanks for lunch, even though we had eggplant parm, and not your famous steak tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new shop is looking beautiful! I love the angel wings on the wall. Good to have some help getting it all set up and to have fun doing it too.

    All the best!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Amy - it's all looking so fabulous!! You've got some serious eye-candy over there, girl! :) How fun to see Betsy waving her magic wand and tweeking the day away! Did I ever tell you how excited I am for you....? lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shop looks beautiful! You and Betsy make quite the team. Those pendant lights would look perfect in my kitchen; however, my husband just installed some lights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! and I'm coming to see you mid july :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything just looks beautifuller and beautifuller every time you post it! You may have already written about this, but I'm curious- how long have you and Betsy known each other and how did you meet? You are both fortuante to have each other as friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The store is looking quite awesome, Amy. Love the blue chair. Such a pretty color. You and Betsy make a fun, and talented pair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, It's great to see you right in your element! Your store is amazing and so you! What a treat to have Betsy come and help style your store!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The store looks beautiful Amy, you guys make a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The store looks better and better-I would say good idea to show off those angel wings--they are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what else you will do with those chairs:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the store's look!

    Did you paint the fabric on those chairs too? Just wondering. I think they're very pretty. Won't be surprised to see them go to a new owner's home soon. Somebody's gonna snatch them up right away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Betsy did a great job. She really has an eye for it. I love those little wire hanging lamps. They are so cute. Right now...I'm not sure about what you are doing to those little french chairs. It's certainly not what I expected. I'm anxious to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We all need Betsy in our lives. Well at least I do. The shop looks lovely. You've really poured your heart and soul in it and it shows. You may have explained this, but did you paint the fabric on the beautiful blue chair?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful team and what a fab shop ! Maybe one day I will get to visit and say hello in person xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Betsy needs to have her own show....HGTV are you reading this?....Not only is she an incredible icon in the decorating world, she is an entertainer...entertaining us while working her decorating magic....but then again, do ya think there would be lots of "bleeps"???? LOL!

    Betsy did an amazing job, as always...you probably had many "ah ha" moments yesterday....She is a wonderful friend...you both are blessed to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! The store looks great Amy! You both make a great team! I would love to visit your store one day! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're really on your way, Amy! All that hard work is paying off.

    Now that you have experience painting on fabric, do you think ASCP could cover velvet? I have a chair that's nicely upholstered but the colour is ghastly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. GGGAAAAAHHHH, It looks amazing! She's brilliant, and the shop looks freakin fabulous! I'm soooooo mad that i can't be there!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. in a word FABULOUS!!!
    i will definitely be making a drive up from long island this summer.

    anne kelly

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amy, your shop looks better and better everday. I love that wire chandelier. It such a beautiful shop, so quaint.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  25. That green couch just cracks me up every time I see it
    You GO Girl You are doing a great job it is so fun to watch your shop blooming too
    Blessings
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  26. FABulicious! The dynamic duo of Betsy and Amy reigns!

    ReplyDelete
  27. First - LOVE those wire pendants!!! Second - everything looks amazing! Maybe I will get to stop by this summer when I am in NH!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your store looks amazing! You have such beautiful things...I WANT those angel wings. :) Saw the copies of "Segreto Secrets to Finishing Beautiful Interiors" on one of your tables. I just bought a copy and it is a fabulous book filled with images of stunningly beautiful rooms and spaces. Also, love your blue chair.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your shop is beautiful. I wish you tons of success!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...