Tuesday, March 22, 2011

French Cottage Washroom Preview

My laundry room is getting a drastic makeover.
This Country Living potting area is one source of inspiration.
My washroom will have a bit of a romantic potting shed feel.
And I want to  have a rustic tin ceiling and iron chandy added to the mix.
When I saw Miss Mustard Seed's latest furniture makeover
I knew it would be perfect for the cabinet washroom look 
combined with my total love affair of the Habersham cabinets below.
Soft color wash, distressed cabinets with ornate moldings
define this country french kitchen which I adore.
Mr. Maison Decor is "Habershamming" my cabinets for me.
You can get a peek at the blue and cream paint wash on the cabinets. 
I want a french cottage washroom~ Habersham style.
Today the tin ceiling trompe l'oile wallpaper is going up.
It is going to be amazing I think.
A new iron chandy I installed myself (!) will be the finishing touch.
The cabinets are sporting their washed two tone look.
How naked they look without crown molding.
The original state of affairs.
Maple cabinets and a complete lack of style
that even a shabby chic valance didn't help.
A bathroom laundry space that I have hated since day one.
Tomorrow I hope to share the final results!


24 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished reveal! I bet it is going to be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting Amy, I can't wait to see it! Don't you just love decorating, Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring photos! I look forward to seeing the finished result.
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see it ! I love that wallpaper , wonder if I can get that effect if I white wash over mine ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't WAIT to see this Amy!!! Your cupboards look amazing already... It going to be fabulous!!! Hugs, Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait to see the final results... all the "bits and pieces" pictures look fabulous!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing the results! I've always wanted a laundry room big enough to decorate. Mine's only a tad bigger than a closet. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see it all done, I got that little chandy for my closet I love it

    ~~Pattie~~
    The Shabby Chick

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love that Country Living clip. You're laundry room is going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to see the finished project!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is going to look great. I LOVE that molding. And I've wanted to put that little chandelier in my basket many times at Lowe's....heck...everytime I'm in Lowe's but don't need it anywhere so I haven't...oh....but I do have the laundry closet....ha! hadn't thought about that spot...hmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's going to look amazing! The whitewashed two-tone look is a fresh change from simple painted cabinets - and I love your color choices. Can't wait to see the crown molding up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy, This is going to look WONDERFUL!, I can already tell. That little Chandy looks like the one they have at Lowes that i love,and it's a great price. You're so lucky to have a sweet handyman to Habbersham your cabinets... and I LOVE the wallpaper...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting this is to watch! I might even enjoy laundry if my room looked like yours. I recognize your Bagatelle chandelier by Schonbek. I used the sconces and chandelier when I did my bathroom over. I can't wait to see it all done.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, this is going to be gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cant wait to see how it turns out Amy!!;) Hugs,Rachel

    French Farmhouse 425

    ReplyDelete
  17. will you post it already!! i can't wait any longer

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know if I can stand to wait! Sounds like a dream of a laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot wait to see! Everything looks like it is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo. It's looking really good! I can't wait to see the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I literally cannot wait! I love everything you are going to do to this room! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Amy!
    I cannot wait to see the reveal. I know it's going to be lovely. Love the wallpaper and the cabinet colors.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm giddy with anticipation.... seriously!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...