Monday, March 28, 2011

A Man Cave Makeover Plan

 White washed wood planks on the walls.
I love how this looks, a cottage woodsy effect.
 White washed wood planks on the floors warm up this all white space.
White washed wood planks again...
with all the knots showing through.
IDEA FORMS IN MY HEAD
These white washed wood planks became the inspiration 
 to makeover our small den man cave
where hubs and I spend time together watching TV.
Its a room I had kind of given up on giving the Maison Decor touch.
It was too masculine~how 
could I turn it into a space that I could love too.
The walls are BM Chestertown Buff.
I recently decided I want to try and make
this room flow with the rest of the house.
A Maison Decor Challenge.
I had thrown the gauntlet at myself.
A fair amount of cowboy stuff is in here.
Dave's cowboy hats and lasso...
One old wagon wheel, a Dodge City clock,
custom made whips from Down Under
and an old Wyoming truck plate.
Lots of leather furniture with a dark palette of gold and brown
and a cool leopard rug are in this room.
Now...

Picture this room wrapped in creamy white washed wood planks.
Edit a few items and play around with a few of the other things
by adding some neutral nubby fabrics that will play off the leather
and bring out the creamy white wood walls.
I think I have figured it out....
I want this to be a man cave that has
the Maison Decor touch, and yet is still a man cave.
Stay tuned and see if I can meet my own challenge.
Oh...
did I mention that the wood planks are wallpaper?


12 comments:

  1. Yummy, Amy! It's going to look beautiful! I look forward to seeing the reveal. *Becca*

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wallpaper would look great in there. Good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, I think i see where you're going with this. You're going to make this room amazing.. can't wait to see!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea ! you found a place to put that amazing wood look wallpaper. If it looks as great as the tin ceiling it will be wonderful ! I would love to have white washed wood floors. Those picture are such an inspiration .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that white-washed wood look. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wallpaper wood planks! Interesting. As long as it's Dillon friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodluck with your makeover challenge Amy! I have faith in your talent especially coz your inspiration photographs are all so amazingly yummy.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the reveal Amy!! I know it will fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a plan! I love leather. It' the most comfy thing to sit and relax. I actually love all your hubby's hats, etc. If anybody can fancy it up, you can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the wood plank paper. Maybe he would like it darker. Just a thought! I didn't think you had a room like this and wondered how your husband felt about all the frills. *smile* I think men that can live with pink are more manly for letting their women be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck...don't be surprised if he doesn't notice, though!!

    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.


    Bisous,
    Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
    http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...