Thursday, May 10, 2012

Customers coming and more window displays finished!

 50 Summer Street~
I set up a little sidewalk display~
it looked cute with the Henrietta walls by the front door.
 See the window display on the right~
with the fabric and the chandy?
 Colin and I did the same thing on the double window
 on the other side of the store to get a cohesive look. 
 I hung two wire basket pendant lights ($44.98) that 
I sell in the store~then we centered the green sofa 
on the window~moved some stuff around...
trying to feel it out to see what seems right...
 One thing that was not obvious is that I am selling draperies
 and I wanted to hang a rod so the panels could be
 displayed and you could see how long they really are..
they are 102" long, which is pretty darn long.
 I will admit that this part of having a 
store is very satisfying~the merchandising.
That is the term used for setting up store displays...
 I have the honor and pleasure of being the only place in Boston 
and its surroundings to carry this book: 
 Segreto~Secrets to Finishing Beautiful Interiors! 
 I was lucky to win this book from the Skirted Round Table 
when they interviewed Leslie Sinclair, 
the creator of the Segreto look and company. 
 Well this book is the BEST book~I included it on my 
end of year Design Book Reviews~and Leslie and I 
got to talking (via blogland) and one thing led to another, 
and now I am carrying her book at Maison Decor!
 For anyone interested in gorgeous wall 
and cabinetry finishes, this book is a must. 
 And did I tell you that they are signed copies from Leslie, herself?  
Just a little extra perk~for my shoppers!
 I spent a lot of the day gilding some pieces~like these angel wings.
 They look so good, I think I will have the gilded wings 
be an option in my store~
so classic and old world, Swedish style.
 I worked on this tiny carved table...
not sure what to call this table with 3 drawers..
but it has carved legs on front and back 
and its just darling. ($145)
 She's a purdy little thing~
So that's the latest from 50 Summer Street~
Oh, and as the post title mentioned, yes they are coming!!
I had two enthusiastic blog followers come in yesterday
 and they were wonderful  to talk to~
and then today I had 4 more people that
 were not driven from the blog, and that was fantastic too! 
I want to go to The Brimfield Fair tomorrow, but not sure if I 
can leave the shop yet....you know?

Photobucket

33 comments:

  1. those curtains are to die for and I love that little table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little chest. I'd be tempted to bring that home with me. I hate to spoil all the fun but I think you should stick close to the shop. This will be your first Saturday..who knows what it will bring.

    I wish those toile curtains went with my colors...I really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Your shop looks great and I'm glad the customers are coming. Pretty soon you are going to be so busy that you'll need help.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The store looks beautiful! It sounds like you're off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is looking great, Amy! You've got some wonderful natural light coming in those windows. I think the way you dressed them works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty welcome. Your shop looks beautiful. You accomplished so much in a short period of time. Wishing you great success, and many, many customers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Your prices are amazing!! Here, in the PNW, it seems you'd pay much more! I wish I was within driving distance, or I'd be coming to see you! {Maybe someday, as we'd love to see Boston?}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the front window displays and that is the cutest little table. Great finish on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing a great job..it looks good inside and out. Part of my schooling was merchandise display and it is so important to be able to do that in the right way so you capture the market...too much and you overwhelm people--too little and they walk away disappointed. You have a good knack for it, Amy. Just do for your store what you would do for your home and it will look great! You have the eye for it and now the place to put it all to work.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little table with the drawers AND I love the gilding on the wings. Perfect- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that word is getting out about your shop! Now the customers will be flocking to it. I've heard that book is good and autographed. That's so nice that you can offer it to your customers in person. I wish I could flip through it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are just amazing! I am so in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy,
    Your shop is gorgeous.I can't believe how much work you did in such a short time.I am so happy for you.You are a true inspiration for me.Have a wonderful Mothers day.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your store. I can't wait to go back tomorrow.
    I recommend making the trip. You can get all your ASCP supplies while you are there. Love the little chest! It was just painted white yesterday. You work fast! Bring back lots of lovely things from the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excited for you that customers are coming. the shop looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy your windows look fabulous! Love that little green table!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your shop looks gorgeous Amy! You have done a really beautiful job and worked so hard getting it all together. How fun! That little gilded table and angel wing is lovely! Are you selling the angel wings?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It just amazes me that you are setting up a shop and still finding time to write about it. Have you forgotten how to sleep?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. gosh amy i was having withdrawals semms like it had been forever to hear from 50 summer whewwwww, glad your back a day is along time when your a maison decor addict like me and of course everything is just, i have no words beautiful seems so understated

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really enjoying reading about the continuing saga of your store's evolution! It's like reading a good book when you can't wait to see what the next chapter brings! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is coming together so beautifully, Amy! You are truly gifted in merchandising! I adore that gold chandy sitting next to pile of books. Delicious! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I say go to Brimfield -- with loads of Business cards in tow. You'll make so many contacts there that will turn into customers

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amy everything looks fabulous and fantastic that you have signed copies of that gorgeous book!
    Did i spy that chandelier that had red roses now with soft lavender? it looks beautiful and i love that little chest drawers on its dainty legs,you have done such a great job pulling everything together,your hard work really shows,
    Love to you x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amy, I just love your little entry vignette, it says it all.
    Your shop looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amy...the windows are awesome!!!!....and I love the chair outside the door with the empty paint can!!...
    You are well on your way in just a short amount of time..You have accomplished so much in this last month alone...You definitely fall into the "super hero" category!...

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amy,

    You know I love the windows. That little table is spectacular. I love it.

    I love all the updates. You are doing so well.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  26. thrilled for you, talented lady! looks sooooooo french beautiful in there!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  27. That little chest is so cute, Amy!!
    How do you keep up with yourself?!
    If you already have people coming in, and you aren't officially open yet...just think of how busy you are going to be later!!
    Go to the show..you won't have time for that stuff in a few weeks, girl!!!!
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that table. Wish I was close to stop by and admire all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  29. oooo, it's really coming along amy!!!! love that little leggy table. You could call it Glamorous Gams.

    have fun whether you go to brimfield or stay at the store. and congrats to you on the customers!

    my husband is launching his new business and acquired his first wholesale account today. just setting up his website and not quite finished, but it has pictures of his home and garden decor if you want a peek http://liaartisandesigns.blogspot.com

    have a great friday- really enjoying reading about your exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your store looks soo pretty! You and your family did a wonderful job decorating and setting everything up. Have you gotten any sleep lately, lol! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amy I love the gilded angels wings and the sweet lavender tole chandelier!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  32. Go baby go!
    I wish I lived closer to Boston.
    Love that you are doing gilding for us "not shabby chic" folks.
    Loved the trash bin.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...