Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Girl Laborer trades favors

 Sometimes, like today, this blog is a snapshot of our married life.  After a morning decorating consultation Mr. Maison Decor asked me to give him a hand at his excavation site.  He is a policeman and has this digging business on the side. He is such a good provider, and takes such great care of me and I truly appreciate all he does.  I changed into my jeans and headed over~all I had to do, he said, was hold the measuring stick to make sure this trench he was digging was at the right pitch.  Hey, I get him to put in my sink and all those chandeliers, so its quid pro quo, right?  Note: the time of my arrival is noon.
 This is the trench he dug and it is going to carry the water to this new house. Mr. MD is a one man show and sometimes he needs a helping hand so he doesn't have to jump in and out of his excavator.  We are not getting any younger.....
 You can see the big measuring stick in the trench.  It has a laser thing on it that picks up a signal from a tripod with a bigger laser thing.  That was what I was in charge of, but sometimes there is a lull in the action. Thats when I stepped back to take a few pictures of the job.
 And then did what a girl laborer/blogger would do~I started taking pics of my new boots!
 Tina, from Enchanted Home blog, showed these over there and I thought they were just darling. She is such a bad girl always showing such lovely things one can find online. Don't you just love monograms? Since I wear rubber boots in our back woods walking my big dog I couldn't resist ordering a pair of these.
 I snapped a lot of pics of my new black shiny boots with the hot pink monogram.
And then I took a picture of  my girl laborer gloves.  They have a little pink on the edges!  What else could I take a picture of besides dirt?
  I tried to take some nice self portraits but it is impossible to do that once you are over 40.  Just saying. I'll spare you all the others that went into the deleted pile. And the hat? The thing is that my layered hair goes in my face so I had to wear a little hat to keep it from aggravating me.
 Ok, so now I am about to get fired from Mr. Maison Decor~better grab that stick and make sure this trench drops 1" for every 10 feet he digs.  This job seemingly had no end in sight...I thought I was just going to be here for two hours.
See all of those green pipes there? We are going to connect them and lay them in the trench and then fill the thing back up with all the dirt.  All in one day?  So says Mr. MD.  He said we will go out for a nice dinner when we are finished.  I am thinking that will be around 6PM.
Here is my hard working handsome hubs jumping into the trench. It is around 9 pm now!  I can't even see out here!  At 7:30 pm I had a pizza delivery guy come to the street address with a large cheese pizza.  Have you ever waited on the street for a pizza guy?  It is weird! And why can't they deliver wine? My mind is searching for answers at this point...
 You cannot leave a trench open like this, so the work goes on.  I am soooo tired of standing, even if I am in my new black boots......I wannna go home and watch Dancing With The Stars....knowing this is not going to happen, I pull out my iPhone and vote for Rob Kardashian, and give him all 5 of my text votes. I just think he is the sweetest kid, and reminds me of my sons.  He has come a long way in the competition so far (who do you all like?).  I love how he dances too of course!
 The water lines are in...pleeeeeeez  hurry Mr. MD!
 Covering up the trench begins...we finally get home at 10:30PM. GAH! My black boots were cement gray from the monograms down....I have been standing for 10 hours plus in a trench.  Such is the sophisticated life of a decorator! I had one thing to say to Mr. Maison Decor and that was, "This is a bigger favor than hanging any chandy...."
 He agreed~because the day before he hung my living room chandelier in less than an hour. I was a very a happy girl!
 These pictures are from my iPhone.  I will be sharing how it looks in its new setting this week and can't wait!
Oh, and one other thing, while I am being kind of random, is that on Saturday I went to an auction and bought a box lot of iron things and this sweet little gem was in it.  An antique Christmas tree stand. Isn't it darling?  It is headed to my Etsy shop, so if this rings your bell, come over and get it quick!

25 comments:

  1. Too funny! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to get her chandy up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he may owe you some more honey dos for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a riot...and go ahead and blame me for the boots, you gotta admit they are great! You rock them, I love em! Just ordered a pair for my niece for Christmas. Love your "bartering services" you are a smart AND stylish cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock those boots, Amy!!! Great tree stand. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! That was a long time. But on the good note, he owes you big time :-).

    Love your new boots...

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is ♥SWEET!♥, a true love story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, you are such a good wife and partner, but along with the wine, I'd be wondering about a potty... ah yes, over 40, I hear ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a good woman, Amy! : ) Why is it that the hubs favors always take longer and involve more than the ones they do for us? My sigh mode would have been on high after the two hours, but I would have hung in there, too. I'll bet he really appreciated your being there though, not just for holding the stick thingy but for company. I'm with you on the pictures. If I find one out of 100 that I like, that is saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They must be great boots if you could wear them that long without your feet killing you from wearing new shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Your story had me smiling at first, and then I felt sorry for you! That had to be an exhausting long day. You were certainly being a good wife. Hope he appreciated you. I had to laugh at how you started out taking pics of your pretty new boots and then probably ended up having to wash them just to see the monogram on them again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHAHA! THAT was soooo funny! So, you're standing in a muddy ditch, and taking pictures of your monogram boots and pink edged gloves... voting on dancing with the stars... and trying to take a good self portrait... omg, i love that. Totally funny as anything...!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your boots! They are awesome! The things one has to do to get a chandelier hung! LOL! Although I do disagree with your over 40 comment! LOL! (*_*)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, that looks like tons of fun. Tons of dirt and mud. So great that you can help each other. That was one long trench. I can't wait to see better photos of your new chandelier in place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow what a day!!! Love the boots. So cute. The Chandy looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow....long day and evening! So nice that you reciprocate jobs for each other, but yeah, he might owe you big time for that one! Btw, I am voting big time for Rob....I agree he deserves the votes because of how far he has come. I also want to see him step out of the shadows of all the females in his family. He has just blossomed! He just made the finals tonight!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post Amy! Such a sweet story, even though I did feel quite badly for you. I hope you didn't wreck those adorable boots!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet boots! You are one great wife.. I would have been whining so much he would have sent me home. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Amy,

    I so agree with the after 40 comment...every time I try to take a self-portrait with my camera or iphone I seem to have extra chins and way too many eye bags...what's up with that!!!!

    You are a good wife to help Mr. MD and I am sure he appreciates you for it.

    Cheers!
    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounded brutal, even with pretty boots on. I love my husband, but it will be a cold day in heck before I stand near a ditch for 10 hours! You are brave, woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a day you had ! Over the years I have come to interpret men language : "A few minutes" = Minimum 1 hour. "A few or 2 hours" = All day long. Lol !
    I have the same problem with self-portrait... I want a new profile picture for facebook and none of the picture I have of me are good, I'm never satisfied, something is always wrong.
    I love the boots, they are so girly, I gotta have a pair !

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOU are toooooooo funny!!! I love the boots where did you get them on here? I want to get some for my granddaughter for Christmas. She mucks out her horse stalls..LOL but always wears the cutest rubber boots. These would be great to add to her collection. She is in RN school and does barrel racing on her free time....Please tell where you got these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahaha you are too cute with those boots and gloves! What can you expect from a girl in a ditch? ;) We own a drainage business, my hubby installs drain tile so I feel your pain when it comes to those LONG days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are the fanciest ditch digger in history! So cute Amy! Love your tree stand, what a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I got my boots from Zou Baby, and this is the link to find themhttp://www.zoubaby.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=boot-wo
    They are very comfortable and have different monogram styles to choose from.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...