Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Spirit and Projects Galore

 Our city throws a Holiday Parade every Saturday after Thanksgiving. It helps to jump start the mood of the season, and this year I was looking for some of that.  It is kind of a hokey parade that is silly and sweet and just about anyone can get in this parade.  Parents, elderly, kids and dogs pile out of their duplexes and apartment buildings that line the main drag and grab a spot by the sidewalk to watch the parade.
 Mr. Maison Decor always works the parade and this year I wanted to capture a bit of it for the blog.
 A beautiful day around 60 degrees~hubs took this picture of me and that unassuming church behind me is where we tied the knot.  Mr. Maison Decor and his family has gone to that little church forever.
 Two little cuties all excited to get their sidewalk spot to watch the parade.
 Most parades have legions of police and firemen and I always feel our nation's pride when I watch them march by in formation.
 The Official Boston Red Sox Trolley car made an appearance and kids were eager to grab the candy thrown from the trolley.
 Clowns are kind of scary to me~and I think lots of kids get nervous around clowns.
 They went over and poked fun at hubs~he looks kind of scared too~ (is his hand on his weapon?)
Santa on a low rider bike, too warm for his Holiday sleigh! There was a lot more to this parade but that is the gist of it, lots of marching bands, the Boy Scouts, the Salvation Army, the newly elected officials all joined in to spread holiday cheer.
Back at the ranch, I have some projects waiting on me.  This is the light fixture that I got for the kitchen island. Hopefully it will be up before Christmas! It is pretty neat looking, and I just had to share it~you can find it on Overstock.com.  A copper wire cage with crystals suspended inside~ a little bit of industrial bling I guess you could call it.
 My really big project ahead is redecorating this office.  I am selling the draperies and the carpet in my Etsy shop.  Lots of the furniture is about to be painted, as is the entire office.
 Since I opened an Etsy shop I need a place to store all the items I am selling. I picked up a pine book case and a bonnet top upper half of a secretary desk at auction. I will be coming up with a plan on incorporating these pieces into the work room. This room is a complete hodge podge right now and it is driving me insane when I look at it! Keeping it real~this will be a wonderful transformation if my vision guides me correctly.
This pine piece will get painted and I plan to skirt this drafting table that it sits upon. That is what I am thinking at this point. I have a color palette in mind and am excited to start executing the plan.
And of course this upholstery project is waiting for me as well~

My gilded Louis VXI chair sits completely naked!
 I'll be finishing this clients home before Christmas too.
We are still busy trying to accessorize it and find carpets and ready made draperies for the spaces.
And of course there will be lots of holiday decorating around the house too! This is my tree from last year~ I so need to get going on pulling out my decorations, but I had to get this mish mash of events and plans out of the way so I can back to design blogging, christmas decorating and sharing completed projects with lots of eye candy.  Thanks for reading~and full steam ahead!

19 comments:

  1. Such a fun parade, I am sure everyone enjoys it. Sounds like tons of projects, can't wait to see all the reveals. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love small town parades. Yours looked like fun. It must've been nice for your husband to participate in it. Looks like you've got a lot to keep you busy over the next several weeks! I need to post what I've been up to. I let the time get away from me since I've been on a decorating roll. My dog is sick too. That's so wierd that mine and Kim's are sick at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing how your office will turn out with all of your new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this looks so fabulous! Nothing like an old fashioned hometown parade to set the mood......and this looks like everyone gets in on the act, even your adorable little dog wearing his cute sweater:)
    Your house looks beautiful....and I can see you have as usual been a very busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you think it's a modge podge, but I love your office, Amy! Can't wait to see what you've got in mind though. Love the pieces you brought in and they look like they provide some great storage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Amy....you are soooo busy! but in a good way! I'm sure your office will be a beautiful spot when you are finished with it.
    Lots of fun projects ahead of you.
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great parade! Your office is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see the transformation.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a wonderful day for a parade...Mr Decor looks quite handsome, I love a man in uniform!! ;-D

    Love your ideas for your office,craft room. It's going to be beautiful and efficient if I know you! Where do you get the energy?! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love those small town parades? Your MrMD is very handsome. Gotta love those boys in blue (or whatever color they wear now).

    I can see that you are super busy with all you have on your plate....but just wondering what you plan to do with all your FREE time?;>) (Okay- I'm leaving now) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love little hokey small town parades, they're the best of all.. and i just want to go on the record with you, clowns are scary! They look like sociopaths. The policemen and firemen look so handsome marching together in full dress.

    Your tree looks gorgeous! and the chair looks really cool stripped down like that... You have a ton of projects going on,! wow girl, you sure can get some stuff done!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the little puggy!! she looks so much like Bella :) Anxious to see how you organize your office- I am swimming in a sea of 'stuff' and I don't have the room!! Your chair is gorgeous. I'm getting ready to reupholster one soon too, but waiting to strip it down until after the weekend. The parade looks wonderful. Love the hometown camaraderie and joy it brings to a community. wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always loved your office draperies -- too bad they don't work in any ofmy rooms! But what fun for you to decorate towards a new vision for your office. Just know it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable pooch you have there! Your office is such a great space, can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun event , although its hard to think Christmas when temps are in the 60's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have so many things to say! Love: your dog, the tree last year, parades, especially police and firemen, your new header. Don't love: clowns. But Modern Family makes me laugh at them (the Cam character....hope you watch so you know what I mean)!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat idea to have a parade to jump start the season! The weather was perfect in the Northeast for the Thanksgiving weekend and a parade. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our town has a parade next weekend. Always a fun way to get in the holiday spirit. I can't wait to see what you do to your office. I know it'll be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun parade with all the people with the Christmas spirit...but the pug with the holliday sweater, just made my heart cry a little, see we lost our pug Ben last year and I miss him so! Lots of hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the new Christmas header. That was fun seeing a bit of your hometown. The hometown I am from has lots of parades too. They just had a Veteran's Parade and will be having a Christmas Parade soon. All the parades go by my Mom's house since she lives on Main St. Sorry, I haven't had a chance to write...I've just been working. And tired and in pain when not working. Those clowns are scary. It did look like Mr. M. was ready to take that clown out. The new light is cool. That will be fun to have in your kitchen. Lots of work to redo the office. Did I tell you my paint finally came last week. Not sure when I will paint the bedroom. Probably in the new year. If I live through the rest of this one. Can't wait to see how the chair turns out.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...